Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 57 of 58 First ... 74755565758 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Do you have a custom effect (this custom list is the ones in the top left of FGU) that matches the word Prone?

"Prone; Incapacitated"
    I don't think I have a custom effect that combines those two effects. However, I'm puzzled as to what custom list you are referring to "in the top left of FGU". Can you please clarify where I can look for this custom list?

FWIW, I did a test in a new campaign with the same extensions loaded and the effect works as expected--only Prone is applied. So, it must be something in this campaign that is causing this issue. I have been using Fantasy Grounds since 2017, but I must be having a brain fart because I can't figure this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by cwsoots View Post
    I don't think I have a custom effect that combines those two effects. However, I'm puzzled as to what custom list you are referring to "in the top left of FGU". Can you please clarify where I can look for this custom list?

FWIW, I did a test in a new campaign with the same extensions loaded and the effect works as expected--only Prone is applied. So, it must be something in this campaign that is causing this issue. I have been using Fantasy Grounds since 2017, but I must be having a brain fart because I can't figure this one out.
    My brain knew top right but my fingers type top left.

So check the custom effects list. Listed in the top right of FGU.

Sorry for the confusion.

That was it! Thank you! I had a feeling that you were referring to that feature, but the "top left" threw me.

At some point, I had created one for "Prone; Incapacitated", just as you suggested. As soon as I deleted that, the other effect worked as expected.

I had no idea that you could reference other custom effects by a name in the coding (e.g., using "Prone" to call "Prone; Incapacitated"). I'll need to be more careful how I format effects from now on and find a way to use that to shorten some of the expressions. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by cwsoots View Post
    That was it! Thank you! I had a feeling that you were referring to that feature, but the "top left" threw me.

At some point, I had created one for "Prone; Incapacitated", just as you suggested. As soon as I deleted that, the other effect worked as expected.

I had no idea that you could reference other custom effects by a name in the coding (e.g., using "Prone" to call "Prone; Incapacitated"). I'll need to be more careful how I format effects from now on and find a way to use that to shorten some of the expressions. Thanks again!
    Glad you found it.

Version Update: v5.35
    Changed: effect init now ignored when considered a duplicate
    Fixed: 5E Evasion not working with SAVEDMG
    Fixed: SAVEONDMGT compatibility with Advanced Effects
    Fixed: Ongoing saves spending onroll ADV/DIS incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    version update: V5.35
    changed: Effect init now ignored when considered a duplicate
    fixed: 5e evasion not working with savedmg
    fixed: Saveondmgt compatibility with advanced effects
    fixed: Ongoing saves spending onroll adv/dis incorrectly
    woots!

The HEAL effect, is there a way to make it 0.5? I tried HEAL:half and HEAL:0.5 and HEAL:.5 and RESIST: heal and RESIST: healing but none of these did anything. *evil DM grin*

[Edited]
    Trying to use the Blissful Ignorance extension's HEALMULT: 0.5 didn't seem to do much. I'll post this in that thread too (in case it's a known conflict/bug).

[Edit 2]
    Ok, so, HEALMULT (as I learned) affects the "healing done by" not "done to". So it solves by immediate magic item effects question. But, the "can HEAL apply decimals" still remains, I suppose...just for curiosity.
    Last edited by estrolof; July 20th, 2024 at 12:11. Reason: more info; learned something!

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    The HEAL effect, is there a way to make it 0.5? I tried HEAL:half and HEAL:0.5 and HEAL:.5 and RESIST: heal and RESIST: healing but none of these did anything. *evil DM grin*

[Edited]
    Trying to use the Blissful Ignorance extension's HEALMULT: 0.5 didn't seem to do much. I'll post this in that thread too (in case it's a known conflict/bug).

[Edit 2]
    Ok, so, HEALMULT (as I learned) affects the "healing done by" not "done to". So it solves by immediate magic item effects question. But, the "can HEAL apply decimals" still remains, I suppose...just for curiosity.
    Heal does not accept decimals

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post

[Edited]

[Edit 2]
    It doesn't factor in 1/2 points, there is no way to add a 1/2 of a hit point.

What "HEAL: 1" does is add 1 point of healing when you heal something, so there wouldn't be a case to add .5 healing to something.

Thanks for the quick clarification.

I had made a curse(d item) that makes the individual weak, and reduces their ability to heal/recover. This applies disadvantage on saves vs poisons and diseases, vulnerability to poisons, and halves the amount of healing they receive.

In light of what I've learned, I just added hidden effects to the party healers and the victim of the curse:

To Victim: EntropyCurse; VULN: poison; DISCOND: poisoned; DISCOND: diseased
    To Healers: IFT:CUSTOM(EntropyCurse); HEALMULT: 0.5

Seems to do what I'm looking for so far.

Page 57 of 58 First ... 74755565758 Last

Thread Information