Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Player Maps in Shattered Obelisk

I just started running the Lost Mines portion of Shattered Obelisk and noticed there are no player battle maps like there was in the og LMoP. It only seems to have the DM maps with the numbered rooms. Was this by design from WotC or an oversite in the FG conversion?

This thread is to cover the 5e Character Wizard Feature and it's reports. But all products are converted with materials provided by WotC. So it was by design.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    MOD: I moved this to its own thread.

I don't have SO so can't verify, but most of the newer adventures only have a single map for each location, but they have layers to control who sees what. Most will have the base or default layer at the bottom which is a player version and the layer visibility is set to all. Then above that will have one or more DM/GM only layers with visibility set to GM Only. This means an actual player will not see the room numbers, secret doors, etc, but the DM/GM will.

You can test this by starting a second instance of FG and connecting as a player and taking ownership of a PC on the map etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Indeed, as LE says the maps are layered. See the story entry 'How to use this module in Fantasy Grounds' for details.

TL-DR: the maps are set up in such a way that the DM layer with all of the room numbers, secret doors etc are set to visible to DM only; so the players won't see that layer even when the map is shared with them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    MOD: I moved this to its own thread.

I don't have SO so can't verify, but most of the newer adventures only have a single map for each location, but they have layers to control who sees what. Most will have the base or default layer at the bottom which is a player version and the layer visibility is set to all. Then above that will have one or more DM/GM only layers with visibility set to GM Only. This means an actual player will not see the room numbers, secret doors, etc, but the DM/GM will.

You can test this by starting a second instance of FG and connecting as a player and taking ownership of a PC on the map etc.
    I didn't even check to see if the maps had multiple layers. I've never noticed a published map with multiple layers on it (outside of a separate layer for LOS and lighting on the rare occasion).

Thank you!

Thread Information