Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Is there a way to share a map with the whole party?

I remember that you used to be able to do this by draggin the party sheet pin to the map, then sharing that and sharing the map and the whole party sees it, but that doesn't seem to work any more. Is any other way to share a map with the whole party by using a pin so I don't have to drag around all the invidual tokens?

Blog Entries
    Right click share or use the icon on the top of the window bar.
    You just can't do it when the image is sent to the background.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In addition to what LE said above, make sure you're dragging the faction icon from the Order tab of the Party Sheet, not just the link to the Party Sheet. It is unclear from your message that you're doing that. You can do the same thing using the faction icon from the Combat Tracker. In either case, you can share a map with the party whether their token is on it or not. Them actually being able to see it, however, may depend on lighting settings.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    In addition to what LE said above, make sure you're dragging the faction icon from the Order tab of the Party Sheet, not just the link to the Party Sheet. It is unclear from your message that you're doing that. You can do the same thing using the faction icon from the Combat Tracker. In either case, you can share a map with the party whether their token is on it or not. Them actually being able to see it, however, may depend on lighting settings.
    I tested it out (I ran as Host and I also logged in as a player on the same machine). I dragged the player token to the map and the player could see everything. If I deleted their token as the host, everything goes black for the player. I just one token or a pin or something that represents the whole party and that all players can see. I want to use this for very large maps to show the progress of the entire party over long distances.

Blog Entries
    Then turn off lighting, turn on player vision and movement.

You might also have to assign party vision to the 'party' token via right click. If you get stuck let us know and I will fire up FG and get the exact steps.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Then turn off lighting, turn on player vision and movement.

You might also have to assign party vision to the 'party' token via right click. If you get stuck let us know and I will fire up FG and get the exact steps.
    Yes that works, thanks, but it's shame I have to turn of LOS and Lighting. I can use masking though, so that works.

You could just turn off lighting, but not LoS.

Or add a generic party token, and use radial menus to add Visibility->Imclude in Party Vision.

Regards,
    JPG

You can indeed have line of sight and lighting for your purposes, if I understand you correctly. This is what I do for my party to see the overland maps on my hexcrawl games. As said above, turn on player vision and movement. Create an NPC you want to represent the party. Put said NPC into combat tracker and make sure all PCs are on the CT. Drag the "red dragon" icon in the top corner of the NPC record to each PC picture in the top left of the screen. Share the map and each player should just need to click on the NPC token on the map and they will see through its eyes. Lighting and LOS works just fine.

You can use any token to represent the party by dragging it directly from Assets > Tokens and dropping it directly onto your map. Make sure the option Token: Party vision and movement is set to on and right click on the token in the map and select 'include in Party Vision'. All characters will then be able to see through the token and move it. You can keep Line of Sight and Lighting on. You can also give this token any special vision or light source that you want via the lighting tool in the action panel.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information