GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    I take a peek tonight. Maybe try the opposite then. Dunno. It’s not critical for your game. Just uninstall mount tracker if it’s bothering you.
    Doing the opposite just makes the dragon ride greg, so you see why I'm confused! And yeah it's not critical, I won't not use it I'll just toggle the size check option off, either way it's still a really useful plugin.

Messing with a couple settings it doesn't seem to care even if I set the dragon to small, the same thing happens, so maybe it isn't anything to do with the size of the creature but the size function is mistakenly checking against something other than size? Dunno if that's possible but maybe that'd cause it to work weirdly for some people but not others.

Yeah, maybe… I’ll look tonight.

Hi CassMerry,

I took a look at the MountTracker and tested some things. I was unable to recreate your scenario but that doesn't mean there isn't something wrong... there very well might be under certain conditions, I just didn't see it.

Let me list a few observations that I noticed when testing around and then I'll post an animated GIF showing some of the ways it works.

- The size comparison is case sensitive... I'll fix that in the future.
    - When dragging the rider to the mount, drag the rider's NAME to the mount, not the rider's TOKEN.
    - When the CT is on the rider's turn, you can right click the mount in the CT, choose the horse icon, and then select what type of mount it will be (Controlled or Uncontrolled).
    - For any rider/mount link, you can right click on the rider in the CT, choose the horse icon, and then choose 'D' for Dismount to break that rider/mount link.

Here is an animated GIF demonstrating some of the ways it works. I hope all of this information helps you. If you end up finding the cause of the problems, please let me know and I'll fix anything that we determine is broken.

Animated GIF of MountTracker usage - hosted on OneDrive

Animated GIF of MountTracker usage - self-hosted as OneDrive link might have issues.

Good Luck,
    Justin
    Last edited by JustinFreitas; July 19th, 2024 at 00:33.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Hi CassMerry,

I took a look at the MountTracker and tested some things. I was unable to recreate your scenario but that doesn't mean there isn't something wrong... there very well might be under certain conditions, I just didn't see it.

Let me list a few observations that I noticed when testing around and then I'll post an animated GIF showing some of the ways it works.

- The size comparison is case sensitive... I'll fix that in the future.
    - When dragging the rider to the mount, drag the rider's NAME to the mount, not the rider's TOKEN.
    - When the CT is on the rider's turn, you can right click the mount in the CT, choose the horse icon, and then select what type of mount it will be (Controlled or Uncontrolled).
    - For any rider/mount link, you can right click on the rider in the CT, choose the horse icon, and then choose 'D' for Dismount to break that rider/mount link.

Here is an animated GIF demonstrating some of the ways it works. I hope all of this information helps you. If you end up finding the cause of the problems, please let me know and I'll fix anything that we determine is broken.

Animated GIF of MountTracker usage - hosted on OneDrive

Animated GIF of MountTracker usage - self-hosted as OneDrive link might have issues.

Good Luck,
    Justin
    AH! Fabulous, just figured it out from that. When you make a character with the character wizard by default it puts your size on your sheet in lowercase, changing that to title case fixed it. Not idea why putting it in lower case still allows other things to ride you but thanks for the help, that seems to be what was messing with stuff.

So I guess for anyone else who find themselves with this issue, you gotta change the size on your sheet

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information