Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Feedback Thread - FGU v4.5.10 and 2024-08 Ruleset Updates

This thread is to provide feedback on the latest changes located in the beta Test channel. Please post any feedback/issues to this thread.

Regards,
    JPG

Love the new default theme.
    Would love to see what you guys do with a dark version.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Love the new default theme.
    Would love to see what you guys do with a dark version.
    Incoming!

Capture X.JPG

I like the visual changes. It seems that the icons in chat are now standardized finally to 30x30 so everything lines up. I think they could go bigger, up to 50x50 even but I'm fine with 30x30. I know those are defined by the raw size of the image but maybe a scale option so at least FG can force those to be all the same size. That way it's not possible to have those all differing and people can choose what works for them.

Couple of things while we are on nitpicky, see screen shots.

• If the chat message doesn't have an icon, which I think they all should, the chat doesn't line up nice and never has. If the message doesn't have an icon, maybe a blank placeholder is there so the chat lines up.
    • SFRPG, the tabs, white on white are now unreadable
    • When a power doesn't have anything defined in it, it doesn't line up on the char sheet. A spacer in that case so all this lines up would be much more visually appealing. Yes I know it has always been this way but once you see it you can't unsee it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[SW] Integrated Load Limit house rule extension into ruleset.
    What is the page of the Savage Worlds rule book that explains the Load Limit house rule?
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    What is the page of the Savage Worlds rule book that explains the Load Limit house rule?
    I don't know about the page number as it's a house rule, but this is the extension that is being merged into the base ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post340809
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Incoming!

Capture X.JPG
    This is very exciting! Any chance of a way to move the menu bar, or even just toggle it from right side of screen to left side of screen? I currently use the Better Menus extension because the right side of the screen on the giant monitors is just too far away...

There are no plans for that at this point; but please add to the feature request list in my sig.

Regards,
    JPG

I just loaded up Test and opened a random NPC, but I got lucky and found a bug.

This NPC has Smarts d12+2 - the dark box on the lower right of the Smart 12 should say +2 but the font it black I think so it isn't visible.

Screenshot_20240718_233857.png
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Overall, I think the new theme looks good. It does seem that many font sizes got smaller though - at 1440p, I ended up having to use scaleui to make things a little more readable. For example, the window heading font (e.g. BOOK - D&D PLAYER'S HANDBOOK) is 9 pixels tall instead of 13 pixels in the previous theme (on my screen).

The inactive tabs on the 5E character sheet though are very hard to read with the dark grey text on red background. Without scaling the UI, they're nearly invisible.

Actually, looking closer at this, it seems the inactive tab text color changes slightly in some cases:
    • Quit and restart FGU
    • Create a new 5E campaign
    • Open a character sheet
    • Text on inactive tabs is dark
    • scaleui 110
    • Text on inactive tabs is now lighter
    • scaleui 100
    • Text on inactive tabs is still lighter
    • This inactive tab color persists until FGU is restarted, then they go back to dark

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread Information