GI JOE RPG Launch

formattedtextcontrol with static text value?

I'm trying to create what's basically a glorified label displaying a static value of formatted text (not linked to a db field) but struggling to initialize the value. The text/textres tags seem to be the only way to populate it, but as far as I can work out they only allow string values, not formattedtext, and formatting tags within the string don't work. If I make it editable I can manually enter the desired value just fine, but I'm stumped as to how to hardcode a value without recourse to the db. Anything I'm missing?
    Last edited by crleonhard; July 16th, 2024 at 21:36.

I would avoid creating labels that are so complicated that they need formatted text to display them. As with other things I've mentioned, you're best off using the standard labelling templates, so that everything just works with future updates and themes. You can have a string asset defined using /r to create line breaks.

Regards,
    JPG

Fair enough. I was trying to emulate the layout of the character sheet for a particular game which incorporates a good bit of instructional picklists and iconography into the character sheet, but I can look for another way of incorporating that material. Thanks for the advice!

Thread Information