Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I would recommend making the README available somewhere else as well. (attached to the first post, maybe?) Generally, unpacking a ruleset inside the rulesets folder is a "bad idea" because, even if the .pak file gets updated, FG will always use what is in the unzipped folder.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    I would recommend making the README available somewhere else as well. (attached to the first post, maybe?) Generally, unpacking a ruleset inside the rulesets folder is a "bad idea" because, even if the .pak file gets updated, FG will always use what is in the unzipped folder.
    Good suggestion! I've attached the README to the first post.

Thank you so much for your work! I'll love to try it once the forge gets listed again.

Count me among the folks who's interested in this! I'd love to be able to run Mothership with my extended family.

Commenting to remind myself to check back

OK, I was having some issues uploading new builds to the Forge but they appear to be resolved now and I've reactivated the store page. Take a look and let me know if you run into any problems. Again, this is my first Forge listing so I'm still feeling my way through the process.

Also, if anyone has any questions about the data entry necessary to populate classes, items, etc beyond what's described in the README attached to the first post above, just let me know.

Thanks so much for this, so far it looks awesome. I am having a little trouble though. It looks like I've got Skills/Classes entered correctly but when I apply a Class to a character the skills won't apply. I get "Skill reference '{skill name}' cannot be resolved. As far as I can tell the skills are entered correctly and shared with players.

And another question I had was about the Scientist specifically. Should the Scientist's Master + Expert + Trained chain automatically apply or will that need to be manually added to a Scientist character?

So, that skill reference 'name' cannot be resolved is what you'd see if you had a skill listed under a class' skills but no skill of that name was found in your skills menu. Here's a walkthrough I just created in a fresh campaign with no existing data. The first thing I did was to create 3 skill records:
    skills.JPG

I then created a new character and dragged these 3 skills onto the skills tab, which worked fine:
    skills_drag.JPG

To demonstrate the scripting of class skills, I then created a new class record with skills defined per the official character sheet in the PSG:
    class_scientist.JPG

When I dragged my class record onto the main tab of another new character, it prompted me first for which stat to apply my +5 bonus to and then for my Master skill, my bonus Trained skill, and lastly my prerequisite skills:
    skill_master.JPG skill_expertp.JPG

Can you try both of these methods (drag to skills tab vs auto-add of class skills) and see if you continue to experience the same error? You may want to try it in a fresh new campaign just in case.

ETA: In addition to the steps above, you'd need to share each of the skill and class records above for anyone other than the host to use them.
    Last edited by crleonhard; July 30th, 2024 at 22:00.

Thanks a ton for that! It must've been campaign related. I followed those instructions and ran into the same issue with my existing campaign. Worked beautifully in a fresh campaign.

If any others do what I did and only realize after you've done all the data entry here's what I did to save myself from doing the work again:
    1.) Create a fresh campaign
    2.) Open up db.xml in both the old and new
    3.) Copy the items and tables from the old db.xml into the new db.xml

I decided to recreate the skills/classes in the new campaign just in case. But so far this has worked for me.

Glad that worked out! Definitely let me know if you run into any more glitches. This data entry component is certainly the least-tested part of this ruleset, as when I run games I'm typically using a "personal use" data module I created straight into XML rather than through the UI. I did try to test everything to make sure people would be able to get what they needed in there, but it wouldn't shock me if there were bugs.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information