Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 50 of 50 First ... 40484950
    Have another question I'll try to test when I can. But, thought to put out into the ether.

Concentration is tested with a Constitution saving throw. But, if I send a request to a PC for a Constitution saving throw and they're Concentrating - a Cleric with Bless for example - the saving throw roll doesn't pay attention and affect Concentration. If I damage them, they are prompted to make a Constitution (Concentration) saving throw that can and will (on fail) remove the (C) effect from the concentrating characterand any other characters on whom they applied a (C) tagged effect.

But, unless I'm wrong that only happens from damage. Sending a non-damage triggered Con save is just another save.

But, in 5E, a DM can call for a Concentration save due to environmental reasons. How hard would it be to add Concentration as a save type to the "Request Save" type drop down? Where it *will* ask for a Con save, and *will* impact (C) effects on fail, and the DM can use the existing set DC box like any other save?

Or am I overthinking again and there's an easy existing solve (other than applying damage and then healing it after the (C) save has been adjudicated.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Have another question I'll try to test when I can. But, thought to put out into the ether.

Concentration is tested with a Constitution saving throw. But, if I send a request to a PC for a Constitution saving throw and they're Concentrating - a Cleric with Bless for example - the saving throw roll doesn't pay attention and affect Concentration. If I damage them, they are prompted to make a Constitution (Concentration) saving throw that can and will (on fail) remove the (C) effect from the concentrating characterand any other characters on whom they applied a (C) tagged effect.

But, unless I'm wrong that only happens from damage. Sending a non-damage triggered Con save is just another save.

But, in 5E, a DM can call for a Concentration save due to environmental reasons. How hard would it be to add Concentration as a save type to the "Request Save" type drop down? Where it *will* ask for a Con save, and *will* impact (C) effects on fail, and the DM can use the existing set DC box like any other save?

Or am I overthinking again and there's an easy existing solve (other than applying damage and then healing it after the (C) save has been adjudicated.
    RR does not specifically support asking for rolls to remove concentration automatically.
    You can't just add it to save drop down because the ruleset uses slightly different code for the concentration rolls.

No, I gathered that. I was more wondering if that muscle could be added under the hood, so it could be though.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    No, I gathered that. I was more wondering if that muscle could be added under the hood, so it could be though.
    It is possible. I don't think I'll have it in that drop down, but I can probably take a look at this sometime in the next 2 weeks to 6 months. I'm pretty busy at the moment.

V2.16

Version 2.16
    See the chat commands on the RR wiki for how to use the new commands.
    • Add support for SFRPG2
    • Add targetType parameter for /RRcmd
    • Add stealth option for initiative in PFRPG2
    • Add concentration roll for 5E

Page 50 of 50 First ... 40484950

Thread Information