GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 38 of 39 First ... 2836373839 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The other difference is it will report some of the specific rolls like Fantastic.

In either case you can have it auto-update using:
    1d6+1dMarvel+1d6+[a]
    or
    marvel [a]
    Damned, thank you for doing this for the new Marvel game. I really don't want to go back to Roll20.

I do have a few questions when folks have time, please.

1. I do not understand the "marvel [a]" that is being mentioned. Is this some behind the scenes coding? Sorry, not an FG coder. /roll 1d6+dMarvel+1d6 seems to work fine out of chat, I just do not understand the other command. My hat is off to you next generation of coders, but sometimes it would be great if you could dumb-it-down for us older folks.

2. Looking at the screenshots from Talen ... how are you getting the character sheet entries for the stats to come out like that? More coding? Is it possible someone could upload a sample sheet we can use as a template?

3. Is there a way to re-scale the background (which is awesome, BTW)? On my laptop (1600x900) it looks all wonky. This might be more of an FG thing than the extension itself, I'm just not sure how to change the scale of the background to fit better. I know some of my players are going to have the same issue.

Thank you in advance!
    WR

Ok ... my old brain figured out #1 and #2. Would still like to see a character sheet template if someone has one, please. I have at least 15 heroes to build.

#3 still an issue. I'm guessing 1600x900 is not a compatible FG background resolution.

WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Ok ... my old brain figured out #1 and #2. Would still like to see a character sheet template if someone has one, please. I have at least 15 heroes to build.

#3 still an issue. I'm guessing 1600x900 is not a compatible FG background resolution.

WR
    Any chance we could see a screengrab of what you are seeing? The XCore ruleset's background elements move around to accommodate nearly any but the smallest screens. It's even fine at 1024x768, though the program itself isn't very usable at that resolution.
    --
    I'm so bassic

XCore Marvel Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Any chance we could see a screengrab of what you are seeing? The XCore ruleset's background elements move around to accommodate nearly any but the smallest screens. It's even fine at 1024x768, though the program itself isn't very usable at that resolution.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 165705.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-14 165605.jpg

The second attachment is from the default character sheet. The WEAPONS field Add Item option is missing, you can't add anything to the field.

Lastly, I'm having an issue with the Initiative Dice Roll entry. I have a hero with a +2 to their initiative. In the Init field when you enter the roll: /roll 1d6+dMarvel+1d6+2 it does not add the "+2" to the roll. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for this. Any help is appreciated.

WR

Blog Entries
    Start by checking the documentation here:
    https://diehard-gaming.com/xcore/

I did create the background for 1920x1080 so yeah spidey loses his head at 900...
    I'll have to recreate it or supply an extension for the 900 high screen.

You dont add Rolls to Weapons - the rolls for Weapons are inherited from Items that have rolls enabled - see doco.

marvel [a] refers to using the marvel roll and the stat from field [a].
    How to reference fields and many roll examples are in the doco.

There is no marvel [a] example in the doco as marvel is introduced from the extension.

Having to strings in the same role?

Hi,
    I am very new to FGU and I am trying to adopt the Xcore ruleset for a Swedish RPG from the 80-ies :-)
    Is it somehow possible to use two strings in the same roll - ie roll damage AND use a rollon table function.

Ie damagedr 1d6+1 and rollon HitBodyLocation

There might also be another simple way to do that - or just make two rolls of course

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Welcome sweden
    This isnt possible in XCore. Something similar is possible in MoreCore but the XCore roll support is more complex and Im not sure if I can add it in.
    Right now the answer is no.

Blog Entries
    The other way to do this would be to make a custom roll that also rolls on a table.
    It would not be overly hard to do.

What is the dice mechanic and what does the table look like?

Thanks

I like to explore what you can do in a system and how far you can stretch the functionality. But it is also very useful to know when you have arrived at the end of the possibilities for a certain function - many thanks

Custom dice roll

I was also considering a custom dice role, but I have yet to start working with this option.

The specific game mechanics I tried to solve was a combination of weapons damage and a table for where on the body the character/npc will be hit.
    For example

Scimitar damage value: 1d8+2
    Hit location table: 1D8
    1: Right leg
    2. Left leg
    3. Abdomen
    4-5. Chest
    6. Right arm
    7. Left arm
    8. Head

However to put this into context I will present the full dice mechanics for an attack

Normal hit: First the character makes an attack roll. It is based on a 1d20 roll which should be equal or under the skill value (ie 14)
    Special hit: If the roll is 5 or lower there should be another roll. If this second roll is under the skill value it is considered a "special hit" and would yield full damage value
    Perfect hit: If the roll is 1 there should be another roll. If this second roll is under the skill value it is considered a "perfect hit" and would yield full damage value and with no reduction or armour value

Once the hit success (normal, special or perfect) is determined the damage should be rolled. Each weapon has its own damage characteristics as shown above. For instance a scimitar has 1d8+2.

The damage is reduced by any armour value (damagedr)

Secondly the hit should be allocated to a specific part of the body using the HitLocation table

------

I have figured out the following:
    * How to make a rollunder for a successful hit
    * How to define different kinds of damage b|c|d etc
    * How to assign damage as wounds
    * How to reduce for any armour value (n-2)
    * How to roll on HitLocation table

So I can do everything I want - but have not really put the pieces together

This is how I do it now:
    1. Roll for the skill
    2. If it is successful and below 5 or being a 1, I roll again and manually determine if it normal, special or perfect
    3. I roll a corresponding damage roll (I have defined one for normal, one for special and one for perfect
    4. I roll once on the HitLocation table

All in all - I am fine with current setut, but I always want to explore if it is the best way to go about it and soon I will be ready to host my first Story as a GM :-)

Page 38 of 39 First ... 2836373839 Last

Thread Information