Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Way to figure out what the filename is for an Extension

I am currently trying to go through all of the extensions that I have on my system and am having an issue trying to identify the filenames for some of the extensions just from the choice list when starting a campaign.

Is there any file that shows the connection of the name in the list with the filename? (Example is that I had two copies of the LinkFill extension but was only able to find 1 for the extension but not the 2nd one.)

Depends if they are in the vault. If they are then the filename is the UID of the extension on the forge store in the vault folder. Otherwise it is in the extension folder with the name provided by the creator.

If they are in the extension folder they can be unpacked and might also be a folder in the extension folder.

right but I was hoping there is a file that matches up the filename with the name showing the extension list when starting up a campaign since extension creator can name it anything inside the XML file but have the filename as anything else.

Unpacking the extension (if it's in your extension folder) and opening up the extension.xml should provide the name of the extension.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Unpacking the extension (if it's in your extension folder) and opening up the extension.xml should provide the name of the extension.
    This is the underlying problem. The only way to unpack the extension is to know the filename. And seeing as I have 130 extensions in my extension folder that would be a lot of overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    This is the underlying problem. The only way to unpack the extension is to know the filename. And seeing as I have 130 extensions in my extension folder that would be a lot of overhead.
    You don’t need to know what the extension is called in order to unpack it. As noted above however many extensions from the forge will be in your vault folder rather than your extension folder (this will be why you can’t find the 2nd copy of the extension you mention).

Most extension will have the same or a similar file name to the one listed in the extension list when you star or load a campaign.

And just one observation 130 extensions is too many.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You don’t need to know what the extension is called in order to unpack it. As noted above however many extensions from the forge will be in your vault folder rather than your extension folder (this will be why you can’t find the 2nd copy of the extension you mention).

Most extension will have the same or a similar file name to the one listed in the extension list when you star or load a campaign.

And just one observation 130 extensions is too many.

One of the reasons I am trying to go through all of them. Now I do not have all of them enabled. I think about 60 of them are enable but looking to cut that down. Especially seeing as a few in that folder were ones that now have been built into FGU.

The ones in the vault is why I asked the other question about if you disable and hide them in the Forge if this will remove them from the vault.

Yes, vault items that are disabled in the Forge should be removed from your system on the next update.

Blog Entries
    Yep, filenames not matching extension names is a problem for extensions not managed in the Forge. It was up to the extension creator to name them intelligently, but creators were not always consistent. There is no real shortcut to keeping 130 extensions cleaned up. Its why with the exception of 2, I don't use any extensions not in the Forge.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information