Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Aura extension: I highly recommend it!

I just want to show how awesome this can be.

The extension with instructions is here.

Basically what it does is give someone an effect if they are in range of the player that has the aura.
    And as soon as they move out of range, it removes the effect.
    You can also differentiate between foe, friend, etc.

So I've been experimenting and here is an example using Trog Stench (I cannot for the life of me remember Xulgath)

I amended the following to the Trog automation: "sickened 1"|Effect: Trog Stench; Sickened: 1; DC: 16[FAILURE][CRITFAILURE]

Here is the Aura effect I added to the Trog:
    TrogStench; AURA: 30 foe; Stench; IF: FACTION(!friend); IF: CUSTOM(Trog Stench); SAVE: -2 fortitude
    (please note that the Trog is a foe(red) on the combat tracker, but all friendlies are foes to him.)

If someone who is not a friend [(Faction(!friend)] comes within 30 ft. they get following effect:
    FROMAURA;Stench; IF: FACTION(!friend); IF: CUSTOM(Trog Stench); SAVE: -2 fortitude

So, if the PC failed their fortitude and got sickened, they get the effect Trog Stench and if they stay within 30 feet, they get -2 on their fortitude saves to recover from being sickened.
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

Okay, that is awesome. How do you handle the immunity from saving vs Xulgath's stench though?

I use the on/off button on the effect.
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I just want to show how awesome this can be.

The extension with instructions is here.
    Thanks for that glowing review, kentmccullough did an excellent job building it and SoxMax and I have done our best to live up to that standard with our improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I use the on/off button on the effect.
    To clarify for anyone who is having trouble with aura immunity:
    When someone enters an aura, a resulting FROMAURA effect is created on their combat tracker entry. If this FROMAURA effect is set to "off", then the effect will not be removed based on token movement. Because of this, leaving/entering the aura will keep the effect from impacting dice rolls/etc for this character.

Yes, very nice extension. I hope that it gets extended (pun intended) to allow variation FROMAURA effects that either do not get removed upon leaving an aura (Inspire Courage) or do not get re-applied upon re-entering an aura (Invisibility Sphere).

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Yes, very nice extension. I hope that it gets extended (pun intended) to allow variation FROMAURA effects that either do not get removed upon leaving an aura (Inspire Courage) or do not get re-applied upon re-entering an aura (Invisibility Sphere).
    That is on the issues tracker for possible future implementation.

I agree, this is awesome for bards.

Thank you I was having a rough time with those blue chain dudes with aura effects just a few sessions ago. This will really help the next time I run into auras

Fantastic extension! I've used it multiple times, and it's been a game changer for our Swashbuckler with the Marshal archetype (Dread Marshal Stance).

One potential bug -- I was trying to use this extension as part of the Ice Mummy's "Great Despair" power. (Basically, any living creature is Frightened 1 within 30 feet of the mummy.) I was utilizing the PermEffect action code in the NPC Ability Automation functionality. It appears that the PermEffect is removed from the mummy after its turn. I suspect this is because of FGU code parsing the "Frightened: 1" part of the statement and reducing it to Frightened 0, thereby removing the effect altogether. Any thoughts of how I can get around this?

Here's the code string I used on the Icy Mummy:

PermEffect: AURA: 30 !foe; Great Despair; Frightened: 1

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information