GI JOE RPG Launch

Hex Grid Token Grid Snapping

When placing tokens from an Encounter onto a map with hex grid, the tokens are offset. How far off seems to depend on the map, but mostly they are snapping to the side of the hex. Was not doing this earlier in the week.

Normal square frid working normally, but sometimes the token will still be offset if it was placed when the hex grid before switching to squares.

It would be nice if we could get tokens to be able to placed in the center and on the vertices of hexes (square grids you can place in center or sides, and maybe the vertices). I believe this has already been placed in the Feature Requests.

Thanks for reporting. We might need to get more data on the exact settings (grid size/type, tokens used / examples, etc.)

There have been no updates to the client this week; so nothing has changed in the engine.

Regards,
    JPG

I first found the issue using the, original and copied, Phandalin maps from both the Lost Mines and Shattered Obelisk (was creating an a quick inciting encounter with redbrands bullying Carp, who is "saved" by Nars, this will by how I "justify" Nar's father being killed and and his family being imprisoned by the redbrands). I then tried it on other maps and had the same issues. Square grid works fine.

It is highly possible one of the extensions I use (there are a lot) may be causing the issue. The only extension I added recently was the unofficial update for KitNKaboodle. I retested after removing KNK but it could be a corruption issue that disabling an extension will not fix.

Here's the campaign folder
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/9ExcdX0p9zj62jbx

If you increase the hex grid from 9 to 10 size, and change from vertically stacked hex to horizontally stacked hex; it should work much better for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you increase the hex grid from 9 to 10 size, and change from vertically stacked hex to horizontally stacked hex; it should work much better for now.

Regards,
    JPG
    I didn't try using the other hex option. Thanks!

Thread Information