Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Which is probably SR's problem, too early in the call chain. If the token isn't linked to the CT entry yet, that function isn't going to behave properly.
    Nice hypothesis! Based on a visual read of the code this doesn't seem to be the case, but I'd have to test to see whether the other end of that if branch is firing instead to confirm/deny that definitively.
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev....lua#L124-L129

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Nice hypothesis! Based on a visual read of the code this doesn't seem to be the case, but I'd have to test to see whether the other end of that if branch is firing instead to confirm/deny that definitively.
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev....lua#L124-L129
    I have no explanation but it works now. I put print in your extension only - it triggered isAuraApplicable. I then put print in my extension override of isAuraApplicable - and it triggered. I then put NOTARGETING in one of the things inside the AURA fog cloud test - and it did not process it.

So it all works for targeted things.

I can live with this for sure.

I was only testing the NPC proxy which had the effect on it (and would be all so would include itself) and no longer saw it processing. I still don't see the NPC processing as a target (where I would assume rSource = rTarget) but I can live with the expanded effect for it and the fact other auras will not effect it.

I have to assume this was an elaborate snipe hunt where "I thought" it would prevent itself from being targeted by calling isAuraApplicable where rSource = rTarget - as last year I did test that (too long ago to swear to it though - though my effects were not blocking "self" from processing under its own aura as I changed them to do so after finding they no longer worked).

Gist being - you can safely ignore this as now I insure the aura effect will not process on itself - and its NOTARGETING will prevent other auras from effecting it including any normal targeted CT token in range of aura that has NOTARGETING effect set.

Sorry to waste all your time. Basically I got locked in thinking if "self" with aura was no longer respecting the isAuraApplicable for rTarget that everything else did not work also. This was not true. I'm happy with blocking "self" from processing its own aura effect - though not sure why prints never show it as a target to its own aura.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 8th, 2024 at 19:22.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Can I use this extension to add an effect for the PF1 paladin Aura of Courage? Namely

Aura of Courage (Su) : [...] Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

Quote Originally Posted by snupy View Post
    Can I use this extension to add an effect for the PF1 paladin Aura of Courage? Namely

Aura of Courage (Su) : [...] Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
    Absolutely, although it'd require IFTAG Kelrugem's extension to allow it to handle fear effects.

AURA: 10 ally; Aura of Courage; IFTAG: fear; SAVE: 4 morale

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Absolutely, although it'd require IFTAG Kelrugem's extension to allow it to handle fear effects.

AURA: 10 ally; Aura of Courage; IFTAG: fear; SAVE: 4 morale
    Thank you!

Hello and thanks for continuing to support this amazing extension!! Im sorry if this information is already present in the thread but the aura effects coding has changed over time and its hard to keep up.

I wrote up a custom enemy and it has these constant aoe effects. Could you help with the aura coding for them, if possible?

While the necromancer is alive, undead creatures within 120 feet of the necromancer gain the following benefits:
    They have advantage on saving throws against being turned.
    They add the necromancer's proficiency bonus (+6) to their weapon damage rolls.
    They add the necromancer's INT modified to attack rolls.
    They can see through magical darkness.

There is also a second aura:
    Aura of Dread. When an enemy starts its turn within 10 feet of the Necromancer, it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the start of its next turn.

IFT: TYPE(undead) is easy, but I don’t think ADVSAVTYPE (turned) or ADVCOND (turned) is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hazeyindahead View Post
    Hello and thanks for continuing to support this amazing extension!! Im sorry if this information is already present in the thread but the aura effects coding has changed over time and its hard to keep up.

I wrote up a custom enemy and it has these constant aoe effects. Could you help with the aura coding for them, if possible?

While the necromancer is alive, undead creatures within 120 feet of the necromancer gain the following benefits:
    They have advantage on saving throws against being turned.
    They add the necromancer's proficiency bonus (+6) to their weapon damage rolls.
    They add the necromancer's INT modified to attack rolls.
    They can see through magical darkness.

There is also a second aura:
    Aura of Dread. When an enemy starts its turn within 10 feet of the Necromancer, it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the start of its next turn.
    Code:
    Undead Leadership; AURA: 20 ally; AoE Undead Leadership; IF: TYPE(undead); DMG: (PRF); ATK: (INT); ADVCOND: turned
    I'm not sure if the Necro should have it or not, so he has it in this coding.

Code:
    VISION: 120 devilsight
    This has to be applied manually, because FGU doesn't respect IF statements for vision.

Code:
    Aura of Dread; AURA: 10 enemy; AoE Aura of Dread; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: 16 WIS; SAVEADD: Frightened

Forgot to say some of this requires Better Combat Effects Gold ext also including AURA effects ext.
    Last edited by MrDDT; July 14th, 2024 at 09:31. Reason: added BCEG note.

I'm trying to work out an Aura for Curse of Strahd. I have a player with the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind, and another with the Sunsword. They both create sunlight. So, they each get an aura:

AURA: 60 foe; Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK;
    AURA: 30 foe; Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK;
    What I want it to do is ALSO add the damage on Strahd's turn, so I added this:

AURA: 60 foe; Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    AURA: 30 foe; Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    This uses Ongoing Save Effects to cause Strahd to have to make a DC 99 wisdom save (probably not necessary, but just humor me for a moment) or take 20 radiant damage.

Now, this all works BEAUTIFULLY. However, I want it to only add ONE of these debuffs, not stack on each other. I don't care about the DISATK and DISCHK, since you can't have "double-disadvantage", but what I DO care about is not dealing 40 points of damage to Strahd when it should only be 20 (he's either IN sunlight or NOT, so deal 20 points or 0). I tried a few things, but I couldn't get them to work.

I tried changing the
    AURA: 60 foe; Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    to something more like
    AURA: 60 foe; Holy Symbol Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    and then adding another IF statement to check if the target had Grub Sunlight as an effect:
    AURA: 60 foe; Sword Sunlight; IF: faction(foe); IF: Custom(Holy Symbol Sunlight); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    but that didn't change anything (forgive me, I'm short-handing all of this, so I changed BOTH to have a distinct name and BOTH to have that extra IF statement).

Is there some secret sauce I'm missing, or can I not do what I want to do here?
    Last edited by DarthKeller; August 1st, 2024 at 23:04.

I would make an effect that goes on the creature that detects the sunlight effect and goes off. Instead of putting all of that in an aura.

So make an aura that applies sunlight in a radius.

This is better this way because you can put two sunlight effects on him and still only take the damage once.

Page 118 of 119 First ... 1868108116117118119 Last

Thread Information