DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help with Damage Reduction

I have tried searching the forums, and I haven't had much luck. I have found someone that created a 'DR bypass extension' but can't find any documentation on how to use it, so I don't know if this will work. What I have is an ability that does the following:

Under this stance, the paladin gains a +1 (plus an additional +1 for every three levels thereafter) insight bonus to attack rolls and an insight bonus equal to half her paladin level to damage rolls. She also ignores damage reduction equal to up to half her paladin level (rounded down). However, she receives a -2 penalty (plus an additional -1 for every three levels thereafter) to her AC while under this oath.

The part in bold is not something I can find a way to implement efficiently. The best I can think of is to create a duplicate weapon for the paladin that would have 'adamantine' written in it, so it would bypass all DR. While cumbersome, I suppose this can be done. I don't really want to create a duplicate weapon in the action's tab, and cause confusion for the player (Or at least potentially). It would be better addressed if I could just create an 'effect' that does this for them. When in this stance, give the effect that automatically ignores 'x' amount of the opponents DR. Is this possible, either through vanilla, or via a mod/extension?

Are you using Kel's extension? it has the bypass damage type. It should then be really easy to make. Note: we can only make it check for a damage type or for the insight bonus, not both. best to use it for the bypass damage type.

Stance Name; DMG: [d3CL] bypass

Make sure you keep the category that you place this spell and effect under up to the paladin's level. if they are staying a pure paladin, you could of course just change [d3CL] to [d3LVL].

That is exactly the extension I was trying to use. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleofThree View Post
    Under this stance, the paladin gains a +1 (plus an additional +1 for every three levels thereafter) insight bonus to attack rolls and an insight bonus equal to half her paladin level to damage rolls. She also ignores damage reduction equal to up to half her paladin level (rounded down). However, she receives a -2 penalty (plus an additional -1 for every three levels thereafter) to her AC while under this oath.
    I should spend a little more time and read carefully. my apologies. The damage is not 1/3 of the CL or Lvl of the paladin. Also is the AC only in the stance or general?

The effects line should read as follows:

Stance Name; ATK: N insight; DMG: [HCL] bypass

Where N needs to modified by you as they hit 4th, 7th, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    I should spend a little more time and read carefully. my apologies. The damage is not 1/3 of the CL or Lvl of the paladin. Also is the AC only in the stance or general?

The effects line should read as follows:

Stance Name; ATK: N insight; DMG: [HCL] bypass

Where N needs to modified by you as they hit 4th, 7th, etc

The AC is only in the stance, yes. I assume [HCL] is 'half class level'? Thank you for writing this out.

yes the H in Kel's extension halves whatever its put in front of. so in this case, caster level. since you are applying it from an "spell entry" in the actions tab, its going to check the caster level of the "spell" group you are using it from. Please make sure you are keeping that updated to their paladin level. If they remain a pure paladin, you can use HLVL instead.

Stance Name; ATK: N insight; DMG: [HCL] bypass; AC: -M

Pure paladin
    Stance Name; ATK: N insight; DMG: [HLVL] bypass; AC: -M

N and M need to be replaced as needed by the you.

Thread Information