DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the examples.

I'll investigate implementing the -1 to the Caster Level or Spell Level - with a resulting minimum of 0 dice - as mentioned previously, implementing actual negative dice is a significant amount of work.
    Maybe you could do it the way I mocked up above with the caveat that the minimum dice are 0? I think that would work for everyone (if it's not too much additional hassle)
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

Coming tomorrow will be the ability to add/subtract dice from the damage dice multiplier fields (damage only - if it works, I'll expand it to heal and effects). The total dice for each damage line can't be negative - it will bottom out at 0, but there is no maximum as the dice multiplier modifier is applied after the "max" is calculated.

Once this releases in the Tuesday update tomorrow, please review and let me know if there are any issues.

For example (see below) - the first dice multiplier calculation is 1 - 2 = -1, but is a minimum of 0. The second example is taken from MaxAstro's request in the OP.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 8th, 2024 at 22:40.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's absolutely incredible!

Thank you, Trenloe. Honestly made my day since I'm working on a bunch of spell automation at the moment.

I think I understand why it works this way and why it might be hard to change, but could the +/- modifier be moved outside of the parenthesis? That is, add or subtract individual dice, instead of groups of dice?

For example, currently if a spell is set to do 2d6xSL damage, putting in a -1 will subtract 2d6 damage instead of 1d6 damage. The latter would allow for more granular control, especially since it's often desirable to adjust damage by a single die to account for odd numbers.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; July 12th, 2024 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I think I understand why it works this way and why it might be hard to change, but could the +/- modifier be moved outside of the parenthesis? That is, add or subtract individual dice, instead of groups of dice?

For example, currently if a spell is set to do 2d6xSL damage, putting in a -1 will subtract 2d6 damage instead of 1d6 damage. The latter would allow for more granular control, especially since it's often desirable to adjust damage by a single die to account for odd numbers.
    I'll take a look at this over the weekend...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    This will be changed in tomorrow's update. The die modifier will be to the first die in the dice control only - i.e. if there is 1d6+1d4 in the dice string then the die modifier will only apply to the d6 (down to a minimum of 0) after the dice multiplier has been applied. For example: (({d6+d4} x SL) - 2) with an SL of 3 would result in 1d6+3d4.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 15th, 2024 at 21:39. Reason: Typo - the minimum first die type will be 0 not 1.

I'll be honest, I didn't know you could put dice of different sizes in the same control!

Regardless, thanks for this update, it's hugely appreciated.

Thread Information