Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Scripting Tabs

Scripting Tabs

Is there a write up anywhere on how to script tabs? eg Add Them, check if they exist, iterate over them etc. From what I can tell they are undocumented in the Wiki and while trial and error is an option, it would be great if they were explained somewhere. I'm trying to fix a community extension and it's hard to tell where to start with recent ruleset changes as I don't know what it worked like before the updates.

The tabs template was not originally meant to be modified on the fly; but overriden using template tags in the window class XML. You can see examples of this in the CoreRPG and other included rulesets.

I have slowly been adding more functionality to the template script to support more flexibility, but this isn't something that we are documenting at this time, just providing examples via the included rulesets.
    If you wanted to dig deeper, you would have to look at the buttongroup_tabs.lua file to get an idea of what functions are currently included, and see whether those will work for you.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard, I realised after quite a bit of mucking around that scripting wasn't required at all. I just had to adjust the structure of the XML.

Thread Information