Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This is why the source rules are best to work from as even your earlier description is different

Ill push something over the weekend.
    Thank you. I had been at it for hours and was convinced I was crazy or just too dumb to do this.

Just noticed a slight issue with Killing damage as expressed by the /ckill command.

The ckill roll in the Morecore text description is incorrect. Also, the result it produces isn't in accordance to the current rules.

It is defined as "Champions Kill: /ckill #d6 (roll #d6 for Body damage + 1d6 to determine additional body damage)".

The text description is incorrect when it says "+ 1d6 to determine additional body damage". The command is actually creating a multiplier the Body Damage is multiplied by to produce Stun Damage, which is close to correct, despite the description. It appears to be generating a result of 1d6-1, which was the correct way to generate the multiplier for STUN damage for Killing attacks in earlier editions. However, the multiplier in 6th edition is determined by rolling 1/2 d6, for a multiplier of 1-3.

"Characters may buy individual Damage Classes of Killing Attack if desired, rather than full dice. For example, a character could buy 1d6 Killing Attack for 15 CP, 1d6+1 for 20 CP, 1½d6
    for 25 CP, 2d6 for 30 CP, and so on. After a successful Attack Roll, the Effect Roll total is the BODY damage done. The character then rolls another ½d6; this is the STUN Multiplier. Multiply the BODY done by the STUN Multiplier to determine the amount of STUN done." Champions Complete, p. 72. screenshot attached.

Other 2 minor issues: Killing attacks are often not just full d6 attacks; they may end with a half d6 or +1 modifier. So a Killing attack might be 2.5d6 Killing, or 2d6+1 killing. I don't believe ckill currently can express that. And final issue: certain affects can add a modifier to the Killing damage multiple, usually through an advantage. So, ideally, their would be a way to increase the rolled stun multiplier. I don't know if these issues can be addressed, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I apologize for not checking in on this sooner, but I think both of these can be blamed on me.

The extension has specialized versions of /ckill and /cskill rolls.

I will look into this more, and post when I have an idea of the issue or a fix.
    "I've worked in the private sector ... they expect results!" - Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz in Ghostbusters (1984)

Extensions I've Shared
    3rd Ed. Shadowrun | 6th Ed. Champions

OK, that was a little faster than I thought.

TL;DR: I'll be posting a fix for my extension this weekend.

Remember, these are for the custom /ckill and /cskill rolls inside my "Champions MoreCore Extension". I did this as a way to offload some of the learning damned would need to do in order to understand the mechanics of Champions. I thought that at some later time, it could be folded into the base MoreCore functionality. Once it was tested and vetted.

The /ckill roll had a cut & paste issue that broke the help. Here is the help for the roll. "Usage: /ckill <number of dice>[<optional partial die>] <message>
    The "/ckill" command is used to roll killing attack damage. The dice to roll may be specified in 3 ways: #, #P, or #H. Where # will roll #d6, #P will roll #d6 + 1, and #H will roll #d6 + 1d3. The total results will be the Body damage. An additional red die will be rolled for the 1d6-1 stun multiplier."

The /cskill roll is a little more interesting, as LUA doesn't have a math function to do rounding. I am going to try using the old "target = math.floor(<skill value> / 5 +0.5) + 9" trick. This should make it so 0.1 - 0.4 are rounded down, and 0.5 - 0.9 are rounded up.
    "I've worked in the private sector ... they expect results!" - Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz in Ghostbusters (1984)

Extensions I've Shared

Amazing quick work. On the stun multiplier, will it be changed to the 1d3 multiplier that's the current rule?

Blog Entries
    lamorric I dont know if this is easier or not - I went with:

Code:
    	local nCharMod = rRoll.nCharacteristic % 5;
    		if nCharMod <3 then
    			rRoll.nCharMod = math.floor(rRoll.nCharacteristic/5);
    		else
    			rRoll.nCharMod = math.ceil(rRoll.nCharacteristic/5);
    		end

Quote Originally Posted by wjpennington View Post
    Amazing quick work. On the stun multiplier, will it be changed to the 1d3 multiplier that's the current rule?
    Ugh, I don't know how I completely missed that. Still living in the past versions, I guess.

Yeah, I will release another version to the forge as soon as I can.

Extensions I've Shared

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    lamorric I dont know if this is easier or not - I went with:

Code:
    	local nCharMod = rRoll.nCharacteristic % 5;
    		if nCharMod <3 then
    			rRoll.nCharMod = math.floor(rRoll.nCharacteristic/5);
    		else
    			rRoll.nCharMod = math.ceil(rRoll.nCharacteristic/5);
    		end
    Interesting... I haven't seen that method before.

Extensions I've Shared

The Forge has been updated with the ckill help fix and the cskill rounding fix (build 2).

The ckill stun multiplier fix will be on the Forge early this week (build 3).

Extensions I've Shared

Quote Originally Posted by lamorric View Post
    The Forge has been updated with the ckill help fix and the cskill rounding fix (build 2).

The ckill stun multiplier fix will be on the Forge early this week (build 3).
    Well that went faster than I thought it would. Build 3 is now out on The Forge.

Enjoy!

Extensions I've Shared

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread Information