Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Figured out the problem. The functionality is still there, but the update removed the icons I was using as the buttons so it was just invisible.
    Update will be uploaded shortly.

Thank you for informing me of the issue

Thank you, it's working as expected now. I highly appreciate the help and quick response to figuring it out. I'm really looking forward to not having to manually update the initiative for everyone.

Hi, I like this extension. I have discovered that it doesn't play well with Combat Groups extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view). That extension allows me to load into CT ahead of time NPCs into groups and then "hide" them on CT. I can also "hide" PCs. When I use this extension, it includes all the "hidden" groups into the popcorn initiative. If possible, it'd be great if it could avoid the "hidden" groups of NPCs or PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilafron View Post
    Hi, I like this extension. I have discovered that it doesn't play well with Combat Groups extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view). That extension allows me to load into CT ahead of time NPCs into groups and then "hide" them on CT. I can also "hide" PCs. When I use this extension, it includes all the "hidden" groups into the popcorn initiative. If possible, it'd be great if it could avoid the "hidden" groups of NPCs or PCs.
    I did this on purpose so that the hidden NPC/PCs could pop into the fight when they are supposed to. However, the math is done so that the PCs won't know that there are hidden NPCs. At least that is how I tried to do it. It has worked well in all of my play testing.
    I will add an option in the settings that will allow you to pick whether the hidden CT elements are part of the initiative or ignored.

Update 2.0: Added an option that allows the GM to pick whether or not to include hidden characters in the alternating initiative. If the option is set to "No" these hidden characters inititive will be set to 0 so they are not in the middle of the alternating order.

Hi lprchaun, I tested out alternating initiative with 5E Combat Groups. Unfortunately, 5E Combat Groups must do something that makes all NPCs hidden. When I set Include Hidden actors? to No, all NPCs get set to zero (blank) initiative. If the setting is Yes, then it includes all NPCs in hidden combat groups. I'm not sure how 5E Combat Groups is configuring the NPCs to show or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilafron View Post
    Hi lprchaun, I tested out alternating initiative with 5E Combat Groups. Unfortunately, 5E Combat Groups must do something that makes all NPCs hidden. When I set Include Hidden actors? to No, all NPCs get set to zero (blank) initiative. If the setting is Yes, then it includes all NPCs in hidden combat groups. I'm not sure how 5E Combat Groups is configuring the NPCs to show or not.
    hmm. Want to make sure I understand correctly. You are saying that ALL NPCs get the blank initiative whether they are hidden or not. I don't have the Combat Groups extension, but assumed it utilized the hidden/visible option inside of FGU. I will look into it more....

Thread Information