Starfinder Playlist

Question for developers

Hello everyone, I would like to ask a question I have, forgive my ignorance in the field of computing and programming.
    I am a citizen of Spain who has been using FG since its inception and all the modules I have purchased are of course in English.
    My question is the following: For FG programmers, is it very complex to offer the modules translated into other languages, such as Spanish? Many of us would greatly appreciate it even if it cost us a little more than the final price.
    Thank you for everything and for the great work that the creators and their community do.

It would not be hard to produce modules in other languages; at least as far as story entries and that kind of thing are concerned. Some things like spells and NPC abilities, PC abilities and various other things which have effects parsed from the language rely on the text being English. The main problem might be getting the raw material in the language you want to have the module in and whether there existed a paper version in that language and whether you could get permission from the publisher to create a module. Another factor would be finding a developer (since pretty much all modules are developed by community developers - not Smiteworks employees) who was native to that language. And finally whether it would be worth it financially for Smiteworks to maintain the files since hiring disc storage space is expensive. Having say 5 copies of the same module in different languages would be 5 times the disc space.

So, not insurmountable problems but significant ones nevertheless.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... there was a community project to translate FG rulesets into other languages. LanguagePak (LPak) Community Project/Program (fantasygrounds.com)
    I would not expect any of those resources to work now, the code has changed a lot since then.

But, reading the first page or two you will see the level of effort that it would take to do things.
    Also be aware, distribution of translated modules requires the permission of the IP holder (WotC, Paizo, etc), so it gets even harder since most of those IP holders have agreements with other outlets on translating and distributing. But don't include VTT versions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Live translation is probably one of the better results coming out of the LLM AI's.

Something like that would be useful in FG. Being able to translate on the user's end.

This is a very good mid-term, idea Nylanfs. Real-time AI localization.

I am clear that in the case of configurations of the module structure it is complex to vary the language since the programming system is in English, but I was referring more to the text in the field of information such as information about an object or an adventure , everything that is not programming commands.
    I hope that with the evolution of new AIs, we will have an easier time dealing with translation issues.

Thread Information