5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Character/NPC Picture and Tokens

I'm having issues with animated tokens when switching between camera view and top-down views. I have created characters and NPCs and added animated .webm images for the 'Token - Flat' (a top-down animation) and 'Token - Camera' (an isometric/front view animation). The problem I have is that when switching between camera view and top-down (normal) view the token doesn't change. i.e. when I drop the NPC onto the map from the combat tracker in top-down mode, the "Token - Flat" correctly shows but when I then switch to camera mode, the "Token - Flat" is not replaced with the "Token - Camera". The same happens when dropping characters/NPCs onto the map in camera view - but in reverse. Everything seems to work correctly if I replace the "Token - Flat" image with a "still" image (.png). I've attached a capture of one of the NPCs - The Luggage - but, of course it doesn't show the animated tokens. Any ideas?
    animated tokes.png

Can you provide the .webm and .png files you are using?

Regards,
    JPG

I have several characters and NPCs so I have created assets i.e. a my_images.mod file and a my_tokens.mod file that contain several images and tokens. For player characters, I create them in my campaign and add the tokens from my assets. For NPCs, I create a module called my_NPCs that make use of my image and token assets then export the module so I can access the NPCs from any of my campaigns.

The tokens module contain .png, .webp and animated .webm files
    The images module contain .png, .webp and animated .webm files with associated .xml files (created using FG Image Metadata Builder. Side question: Will the Metadata Builder support .webm files at some stage

Happy to share the individual files but how do I upload .webm and .xml files for you?

I use Blenderr to create the .webm files but it only outputs in VP9 format so I have to use Shutter Encoder to generate VP8 .webm files. files.
    Last edited by Moriarity; July 11th, 2024 at 23:46.

Blog Entries
    zip them, or upload to a cloud share and link them

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Even just the one example set would be a starting point.

Regards,
    JPG

Zip file attached and here a link to the files:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai4W4MgfrirKhPMW...tMy_A?e=bILNz7
    Thanks for helping.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moriarity; July 12th, 2024 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    I may be missing something but I can't find any way to upload a zip file so here's a link to the files:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai4W4MgfrirKhPMW...tMy_A?e=bILNz7
    Thanks for helping.
    To upload files click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the Quick reply window and then on manage attachments.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

These seem to be working for me. Are you using any extensions perhaps? Can you replicate in a new campaign without extensions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just created a new campaign with no extensions whatsoever.
    Added the core rules when opening the first session;
    Copied the image/xml files to the campaign images folder
    Copied the token file to the campaign tokens folder
    Created an NPC called test luggage - no parameters changed from the default
    Added the .png to the Full Body, Added the top-down animated token to the Token - Flat and added the iso/front animated token to the Token - Camera
    Created a campaign image from a the DMG image "map-7"
    Added the test luggage NPC to the CT and made it "Friendly"

Drag and dropped the NPC from the CT to the top=down map - correctly shows the Token - Flat animated image
    Change to camera view - incorrectly shows the Token - Flat image
    Switch between the two views - always shows the Token - Flat image

Delete the NPC from the map
    Change the map to Camera View

Drag and droppped the NPC from the CT to the camera view map - correctly shows the Token - Camera animated image
    Change to top-down view - incorrectly shows the Token - Camera image
    Switch between the two views - always shows the Token - Camera image

So, I'm at a bit of a loss now. Perhaps a total uninstall/re-install? (but I think I've already been down that road...)

Thanks for the exact steps. I was able to reproduce the issue; but I will have to escalate to @pindercarl. The APIs in the ruleset are set up correctly, so I believe this may have something to do with either the format of the files themselves or the combination of files.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information