DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Good Backpacks

Good Backpacks

Backpacks are handy to carry things in. In some settings items in a backpack weight half as much when calculating encumbrance.
    Then there are Bags of Holding. That never seem to get heavy even when stuffed with loot. Lets try a new extention out for this new setting rule.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1832/view

So add a Backpack to your characters inventory. To put things into it change the location of item in the bag to "Backpack". In fact as soon as you type B into location things there is autocomplete to speed things along.

So long as an item is in the location of Backpack it weight looks normal but notice total weight now factors in the new Good Backpack. If you have a Bag of Holding as the location it just does not count that item at all.

The question is what happens when a whole bunch of people start messing around with inventory at the same time? Does it break?

Look for Feature: SW - Good Backpacks in the extention list.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 9th, 2024 at 02:17.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Reserved for news about other backpacks
    Ultimate License holder.

This should show up on a SWADE game selectable by the name "Good Backpacks"? I added it in the Forge but I don't see anything in my extensions list by that name.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    This should show up on a SWADE game selectable by the name "Good Backpacks"? I added it in the Forge but I don't see anything in my extensions list by that name.
    Names have a prefix for sorting. This is a Feature:
    Also Smiteworks started extending that prefix with - SW for savage worlds.

So it appears in the list as Feature: SW - Good Backpacks

Added this to OP to make things more clear.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 9th, 2024 at 02:17.
    Ultimate License holder.

Ah, I see why I missed it. It's showing up for my SWADE settings, but not the main one I'm running right now (where Bags of holding are a thing for my players) which is Pathfinder for Savage Worlds. Oh well. Still good to see for some of my other SWADE games at least!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Ah, I see why I missed it. It's showing up for my SWADE settings, but not the main one I'm running right now (where Bags of holding are a thing for my players) which is Pathfinder for Savage Worlds. Oh well. Still good to see for some of my other SWADE games at least!
    This was for SWADE only for testing. As an option. The code will go directly in to PF as soon as possible where it part of the game system. Backpacks already half weight and will now do bags of holding as well. You will no need to load an extention for this. It will just happen.

Assuming Doswelk pushes an update with the new code I gave him.
    Ultimate License holder.

Sweet! My players will definitely love the extra ability to use their bags of holding without having to unequip them. Thanks, and I'll look forward to when Doswelk gets a chance to push that!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thanks for creating this extension, Lonewolf.
    This will be added to PF only? Could it be added to SWADE? Backpacks are used in lots of settings.
    I had written my own code for this for my sci-fi games to cover backpacks, utility belts, gear harnesses, etc.
    It didn't occur to me to make this an extension for everyone, so good thinking!
    It would be nice to have this in the generic SWADE ruleset, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Thanks for creating this extension, Lonewolf.
    This will be added to PF only? Could it be added to SWADE? Backpacks are used in lots of settings.
    I had written my own code for this for my sci-fi games to cover backpacks, utility belts, gear harnesses, etc.
    It didn't occur to me to make this an extension for everyone, so good thinking!
    It would be nice to have this in the generic SWADE ruleset, however.
    It's meant to be SWADE only and getting added to core SWPF.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Is your source open and available? I'd like to see how you did this.

Thread Information