DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Mothership 1e Ruleset

Mothership 1e Ruleset

Description

This is a full ruleset for the Mothership 1e rpg created by Sean McCoy and published by Tuesday Knight Games.

This ruleset can be downloaded for free from the FG Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1845/view

The pay-what-you-want rules for Mothership can be downloaded here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/prod...Survival-Guide
    The full game can be purchased here: https://www.tuesdayknightgames.com/pages/mothership-rpg

Legal Disclaimer

This ruleset emulates Mothership's game mechanics but does not include any content data or other copyright-protected material. It is not authorized, licensed, endorsed, or sanctioned by Tuesday Knight Games. Some parts of the code in this ruleset derivative of CoreRPG or MoreCore may be copyright SmiteWorks.

Acknowledgements

Big thanks to Ranzarok for the graphic design and art assets, and to SmiteWorks for the CoreRPG framework upon which this ruleset is built.

Features

Character Sheet
    • Automatic stat generation, starting skill selections, and equipment loadouts (requires initial population of reference data)
    • Double-click fields to roll checks, saves, etc
    • Weapons panel for rolling attacks and damage, as well as tracking ammo

Combat Tracker
    • Enables rolling NPC/monster attacks and damage directly from CT
    • Drag-and-drop damage onto targets
    • Supports optional Strict Turn Order house rule

Ship Manifest
    • Double-click fields to roll ship checks

House Rules
    • Armor Damage [on]: Apply Armor damage
    • Loadouts [off]: Automatic equipment loadouts
    • Panic [off]: Automatic Panic checks
    • Stress [on]: Apply Stress changes
    • Strict Turn Order [off]: Roll Speed checks for initiative
    • Trinkets [off]: Automatic trinkets and patches
    • Wound Effects [off]: Apply Wound and Panic effects
    • Wound Rolls [off]: Automatic Wound rolls

Important Notes

No data module is provided with this ruleset. Any copyrighted game content such as class descriptions, skill and item lists, and random tables must be entered manually within FG.
    Fortunately, this is easy if perhaps tedious -- nearly everything is simply a matter of copy/paste from the PSG into FG (see README attached to this post for full details).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crleonhard; July 16th, 2024 at 04:39.

Very cool!

If you ever need some more help with the graphics, just let me know.

Step-by-step instructions for getting this working would be very appreciated. Not all of us are FG coders.

WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Step-by-step instructions for getting this working would be very appreciated. Not all of us are FG coders.

WR
    No coding required! It’s just a matter of data entry through FG, exactly the way you would enter a new item or table for 5e or any other system. There’s just a lot of them to enter.

Mothership ruleset now available through the Forge

I’ve updated the first post to include the Forge store link. This is my first Forge listing, so let me know if anything’s not clear!

The README.txt file (which you should be able to find in your FG/rulesets/Mothership folder) identifies all of the tables, classes, items, etc you’ll need to create to get the most out of this ruleset, but I can provide a walkthrough here if it’s confusing.

mothership ruleset.pngI have the ruleset downloaded, I've updated my Fgu, I can see the two rulesets AROUND it, but I can't see it as a ruleset in my launcher.

the txt file. is inside the .pak file, which you need someway of opening, it's not just a "text file in a folder" IMO

You are correct. The ruleset is not packaged correctly. It should be a zip file containing everything WITHIN the Mothership folder, not the Mothership folder itself. crleonhard will need to re-package andupdate the Forge file. In the meantime, you can could repackage it yourself until the update happens. The .pak file is just a zip file with the extension changed. Change it to .zip and unpack in somewhere you can work with it.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    You are correct. The ruleset is not packaged correctly. It should be a zip file containing everything WITHIN the Mothership folder, not the Mothership folder itself. crleonhard will need to re-package andupdate the Forge file. In the meantime, you can could repackage it yourself until the update happens. The .pak file is just a zip file with the extension changed. Change it to .zip and unpack in somewhere you can work with it.
    Ah, I’m uploading a corrected build now. And yes, everything including the README is in the .pak file which you’ll just need to unzip.

(I've temporarily disabled the download until the new corrected package is approved.)
    Last edited by crleonhard; July 16th, 2024 at 04:46.

Thread Information