5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Images not showing to certain players

Hi, I'm running the same campaign for two different groups. One (different) person in each group can not see the battlemaps, but can see tokens and blood markers. The map otherwise appears black (LOS enabled) or grey (LOS disabled). I've tried replacing the token, playing with visibility. Host and client restarts. This happened quite recently. Both players have done updates. I have tried sharing a previous battlemap they could see in the recent past, and that is now affected too.

Blog Entries
    try have the person delete their cache for that campaign
    then you can look at trying /flushdb (you will have to reshare material if you use this)

Quote Originally Posted by lousilver View Post
    Hi, I'm running the same campaign for two different groups. One (different) person in each group can not see the battlemaps, but can see tokens and blood markers. The map otherwise appears black (LOS enabled) or grey (LOS disabled). I've tried replacing the token, playing with visibility. Host and client restarts. This happened quite recently. Both players have done updates. I have tried sharing a previous battlemap they could see in the recent past, and that is now affected too.
    IN addition to the advice from @damned try getting the players who can't see maps etc to join your game on their own to see if they get the stuff when only they are connected. It's possible that both have ant virus or some such which is affecting things. It's also possible that you have some limitation on your router. Here's a couple of articles to check out https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s+Applications and https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Also it may be that you are sharing too much stuff, like very large images for example or lots of modules and these players juts have a slow network and it's taking a long time to upload. So might be worth looking to see if you can cut down on what is being shared (if you are shaing a lot of things).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We just tried with one of the users. They deleted their cache. While they were connected, I tried /flushdb (not really sure what happened, got some brief message about a reset). The player even reinstalled FG. Nothing worked. We haven't looked into whitelisting, etc. I'm fairly certain that isn't the issue, because none of those settings have changed before/after this started happening.

The event happened quite recently for both players at the same time. But none of the other players are affected.

I can't help thinking that this has something to do with lighting. Is lighting enabled for the map/s? If so, what lighting is being used by the PCs and have the players clicked on their PC's token on the map?

Could you provide a screenshot of the map, in edit mode (unlocked) and showing the "Play" mode so that we can get a better idea of the settings being used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lousilver View Post
    We just tried with one of the users. They deleted their cache. While they were connected, I tried /flushdb (not really sure what happened, got some brief message about a reset). The player even reinstalled FG. Nothing worked. We haven't looked into whitelisting, etc. I'm fairly certain that isn't the issue, because none of those settings have changed before/after this started happening.

The event happened quite recently for both players at the same time. But none of the other players are affected.
    When you say nothing changed about 1000 things change on your computer every few minutes.
    ISPs make changes on their networks and your and your players routers may get updates automatically etc.
    FG has periodic changes and your game data is changing frequently too.
    There are always things changing...

Can you and your affected player compile logs and share them.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 204616.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-08 204751.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-08 204919.png

These are some of the maps we've recently used. Some have lighting, some don't. They all worked around 2 weeks ago, and now don't. Also attached are just my logs with no users connected. I'll need to wait to get player logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    We will need logs with players connected and compiled after they have unsuccessfully received images. There will likely be some extra info in there that gives us a clue.
    Are these your own maps?
    Do you know their size in MB and also in pixels?

All of the maps are made by me in dungeondraft. Many are quite large, but the one we tried when make the logs was only 1.8MB, 1500x1640 pixels 75ppi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought I might add that the image we tried when making the logs, the player was initially able to see a few weeks ago. now they can't see any images.

Thread Information