Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 21 of 22 First ... 1119202122 Last

Kobold Press, Creature Codex, War Priest

The action Imbued Hammer damage doesn't parse correctly: "Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage if used with two hands, plus 13 (3d8) radiant (good or neutral priests) or necrotic (evil priests) damage."

This looks like a literal copy of the text from the book instead of a conversion to Fantasy Grounds parseable text. Basically the damage needs to be broken up into four damage strings (or possibly an Imbued Hammer action for good and neutral priests and one for evil priests). IE "Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage and 13 (3d8) radiant damage, or if used with two hands 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage and 13 (3d8) radiant damage (good or neutral priests) or 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage and 13 (3d8) necrotic damage or if used with two hands 8 (1d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage and 13 (3d8) necrotic damage (evil priests)."

Likewise the Blessing of War Reaction doesn't parse correctly either because the two types of priests don't have separate damage strings: "When an ally the war priest can see within 30 feet hits with a melee weapon attack, the war priest can make the weapon deal an extra 9 (2d8) radiant (good or neutral priests) or necrotic (evil priests) damage." s/b something like: "When an ally the war priest can see within 30 feet hits with a melee weapon attack, the war priest can make the weapon deal an extra 9 (2d8) radiant damage (good or neutral priests) or an extra 9 (2d8) necrotic damage (evil priests)."

Indeed I think maybe it would need to be 'plus' instead of 'and'. At any rate I'll find out who the developer is since Rob is no longer with us, and pass it on to them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just noticed that in Lost Mines of Phandelver: Shattered Obelisk, the NPC Token for the gnome prisoner Tumblwick Rollins, in Zorzula's Rest in the section, "A Disturbing Truth Revealed" is the "Trap" token.

Thanks, I'll get that sorted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

All the variations of Storm Giants in Monster Manual and Storm King's Thunder show 3/day on control weather and water breathing instead of 1/day shown in D&D Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    All the variations of Storm Giants in Monster Manual and Storm King's Thunder show 3/day on control weather and water breathing instead of 1/day shown in D&D Beyond.
    Have you found any errata for that? The documentation I have from WotC shows 3/Day

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Have you found any errata for that? The documentation I have from WotC shows 3/Day
    I'm just looking at the D&D Beyond stat blocks in the MM and SKT. Any link from named or generic storm giants shows 1/Day. They aren't tagged as "legacy". Physical MM does show 3/day.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 121629.png

Kinda puts me in a quandry then. I have no real reason to change it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Kinda puts me in a quandry then. I have no real reason to change it at this time.
    No worries... I'm going to roll with 1/Day.

Looking through some more of SKT... There has definitely been some errata, whether they announced it or not...

For example:

Hall of the Yakfolk Chief -

I was a little surprised to see "...Attending the chief are three naked moon elf slaves: two male commoners and a female noble. Stripping the slaves ensures that they can't conceal weapons..."

On D&DB: "...Attending the chief are three moon elves: two male commoners and a female noble. They are unarmed and are searched for weapons each time they enter the hall...."

It looks like the change was made in the Book in FG, but not in the story entries.

No need to change anything on my account... it might even be preferable to have access to both versions. I'm curious what else I will stumble across.

I do remember a bunch of errata for SKT a while back which toned down a lot of the slave references; sounds like I missed changing the story entry on that one. I'll take a note.

Thread Information