2024 Summer Sale

Basic Goblin Pyro/NPC spellcaster Question

Hi, just got the bundle and have been experimenting, however I seem to be having a problem
    I cant seem to find any information on how to cast spells with NPCs, whenever I click "cast spell" I just get an Eye with a line through it, and no affect, I am the GM in the game so I don't know why it would be hidden from me

Welcome to the forums.

We'll need more information. Is the NPC on the Combat Tracker? Has the NPC selected targets before casting the spell? Which spell are you casting?

The eye icon just shows the DM that the roll is hidden from the players. This has no effect on what the DM sees.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for resoinding
    To answer your Questions: Yes,Yes and Produce Flame
    Heres an Image:Screenshot 2024-07-04 202417.png

It doesn't look like any effects have been set up for that NPC but it's a while since I played PF2 so you'll need someone more knowledgeable to answer your question.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Legacy "Goblin Pyro" from Bestiary 1, I see. That sheet does not seem to have the spell automation set up, unlike the remastered version from "Monster Core". If it had been set up, there'd be a series of icons after the 'asterisk'-like symbol.

(Edit: addition; the version in the Monster Core ORC release also has automation set up. It's just the Bestiary 1 version lacking it.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nyarly Dude; July 4th, 2024 at 20:26.

If you unlock the NPC sheet by clicking the lock button in the top right (you'll need to do this after you add the NPC to the combat tracker or to an encounter), you can right-click on the spell and select the "Reparse Spell Actions" option in the bottom-right of the context-wheel. This will rebuild the spell's actions and (usually) provides you with the buttons you're missing.

This isn't perfect, as sometimes the automation in the Core Rulebook may have been updated but the other books may not have been updated to match, but in that case you can also drag and drop the spell from the main spell list into the NPC's spell list and that'll give you the current automatation.

It looks like an update a couple of months ago to the Bestiary 1 accidentally removed the spell actions. We'll look into it and get a fix out ASAP.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information