2024 Summer Sale

Bug? Character sheet different between DM and player

Hi all,
    I’m facing following problem (for me):
    I have a character (as DM) with stats and points per level. As soon as my player connect to the campaign the stats of the character change and the points per level disappears. Maybe there are some other changes that I haven’t seen now.
    I cleared my cache snd asked my player to clear his and the problem is still there.
    Maybe it comes from the ruleset or specific variations but I can’t figure out how or where to fix it for all my players.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

Hi Engelmann,

I will look into it.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Here a sample
    RMC-Stats-bug.jpg

Setup
    config.png
    Last edited by Engelmann; July 4th, 2024 at 07:37.

Thanks for the screenshots. I was able to replicate it and will work on getting it fixed. In the meantime, if the GM options the character skill tab it seems to resolve the issue at least for that session.

Also it seems to be related to the profession not being found on the player side. Can you verify that the player has the module with the profession loaded? In my test it was Character Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    In the meantime, if the GM options the character skill tab it seems to resolve the issue at least for that session.
    I don't understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Also it seems to be related to the profession not being found on the player side. Can you verify that the player has the module with the profession loaded? In my test it was Character Law.
    OK !!! My fault. I didn't know that the modules had to be loaded on the player side either. I thought that if it's activated on the DM side (with an ultimate license) it would handle automagically the module for the players. That fixes my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry I meant to say if the GM opens the character skill tab.

Yes, the issue is being caused when the module for the profession isn't open on the player side. Basically it can't find the profession so can't find the level bonuses for the skills. I am working on putting something in that will hopefully reduce the chances of that in the future.

Thanks Damned. That is what I am actually doing when their is a link on the character sheet so that this issue won't throw people off anymore.

Thread Information