Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Persistent Damage and Basic Saves

As far as I can tell, Fantasy Grounds does not handle persistent damage correctly with basic saves. The damage does not appear to be doubled on a crit or halved on a success. If you manually hold shift while applying the persistent damage it will double, but it doesn't otherwise respect the saving throw result.

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a way to implement halved persistent damage dice at all. For example, if an effect deals 3d6 persistent damage with a basic save, and the target saves, they should take (3d6/2) persistent damage, rolled each turn. I don't see how that is possible to do right now.

See Xotani the Firebleeder for an example of a creature that deals persistent damage with a basic save, although there are others.

Is any of this a planned feature at some point?
    Last edited by MaxAstro; July 3rd, 2024 at 23:27.

When I was doing the implementation of save results there were enough exceptions to the rules that I didn't implement doubling persistent damage on a save as standard, leaving it to be coded separately. I'll make a note to revisit this and review what the implication to existing data any change to the base code would be.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information