5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Deadlands_The barn fire

help Sunchaser rescue his masters from Strawfire the strawman and Mooncatcher his crow, and the farm barn fire.
    This is a quick rescue maze mission beginner gm for deadlands basic knowledge of this system deep story real-life farm experience, mainly math's used through this fgu to start in this weird west quest. light horror, light humor focus on country western about 1840s theme slow chat...R16
    start in 3-4 weeks.TBA

The family farm was ticking along nicely with 2 generations of tinkerers and dog whistlers, the "Doggone"family farm was a nice place as billy and bill the next generation to receive the farm settled in for another winter the straw bales in the barn all stacked well over 100 high and dry, the metal bale stacker began to make noises "bill...bill" billy the lady of the land began to yell out to her husband as she noticed the farm barn beginning to smoke out the roof"
    bill screams" yelp... that stacking machine uncle "Dogged" built seems to be breaking down again ill take a look!."*'the air draws thick with smoke and the sky clouds over with a misty haze'* bill leaves the farm house* to the barn.
    billy whistles and calls out to her border collie farm dog "chase (Sunchaser) come here!,"*there is no reply....then a yell from the barn* "fire help fire...arhhh!"
    Meanwhile sunchaser is down by the stream near the house trying to find the birded creature it meet in the night under the moon, he notices the weather change and a smoky haze, he gives up on the stream and night creature to make it back to the farm house. He sees fire behind the barn and smells and feels a dank swampy mist not unlike the mist in the wine cellar where the fat rat lives ,the barn is where the strawbales are stored and that horrible machine one of the back country human relations put together to move the bales, sunchaser never liked that lifting contraption and the clanking sound of the bales moving always bothered the dog, he tried to warn his masters of the barn but never really found a way of getting it through to the humans, perhaps it was the reached song uncle "Dogged" sung when he put the thing together or the fact his tune played on for months through the horrid contraption during the summers. only sunchaser knew this to be true.
    Television shows to watch for inspiration
    Lucky Luke 1983 ‧ Western
    Nightbreed 1990 horror/fantasy
    The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo 1985 ‧ Horror (this ones a bit off the genre i added it anyway)
    Bonanza 1959 American Western
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tagan; Today at 08:11.

I'm interested in playing Deadlands depending on what day on the week you are running the game on.

ok im looking at sunday 00:00 or 0600 gmt, how much experience do you have with this game?

Never actually played Savage Worlds or Deadlands rule sets. I own the books and have been reading through the rules. I have a good understanding of character building, game mechanics, and combat mechanics.

In the future, I'm wanting to GM Savage Worlds games on Fantasy Grounds and looking to gain some experience in the mean time.

The main issue is play time. My location is in Mountain Time. You are six hours ahead of me. I work Sundays to Wednesday evenings. So Sundays are 00:00 hrs. your time, and Mondays are 06:00 hrs. my time.

ok good i have discord my games seem to last about 3 months i played starfinder from scratch about 2 years ago and have some one shot 2e ad&d i have played deadlands in comicbook shops i see this is a new version ok so i dont swear in my games but its up to you how you play what type of character would you be interested in...ill add you to messages just give me some time to bring back my math's for this deadland will be cool because it has a deck of card..thats preety neat, it will take me about 3-4 months to put together but i can go for years on country type games i dont want to make it to scarry but farming and wilderness kinda is a bit spooky anyway..:-D p.s im not a farmer i sent through a PM friends request if i can get some players we can work out a time to suit cowboy/gal game could go on for a while
    Last edited by Tagan; Today at 08:57.

setting

this game will start about 1840 so there will be less formed miliary and more wilderness native Americans etc.. this can change overnight gold mining very popular small towns abroad

ICONS: Samuel Morse's Telegraph, Sewing Machine, Gold mines and trains
    Last edited by Tagan; Today at 08:06.

I'm thinking of playing a Blessed. Inspiration being the Clint Eastwood movie Pale Rider. Gun fighter on the road to Tombstone finds religion. Now, is a kind of Western Paladin fighting the evil in the weird west.

Thread Information