2024 Summer Sale
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Not showing in Pathfinder for Savage Worlds project

I compared a DND campaign with my Pathfinder for Savage Worlds and the extension does not show up on the PfSW campaign but does in DND campaign. I also checked a plan Savage Worlds campaign and it shows there. So it looks like it is just not available for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by joltblaster View Post
    I compared a DND campaign with my Pathfinder for Savage Worlds and the extension does not show up on the PfSW campaign but does in DND campaign. I also checked a plan Savage Worlds campaign and it shows there. So it looks like it is just not available for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds.
    That's correct. Pathfinder for Savage Worlds is classed as its own ruleset. Post #1 of this thread lists the rulesets that this extension is specifically coded for - it won't be available in campaigns using other rulesets, including the SWPF ruleset. I'd guess the lack of support of SWPF is due to the extension author not owing that ruleset - so they can't test and support that properly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bummer. I read Savage Worlds to be all versions of Savage Worlds. It looks like a really cool extension. I will use it in my DND5e campaign. SWPF, I am in book 2 and have 4 more books to go. I am not a developer so I have no idea what it would take for it to be included in the base SWPF or the extension reworked to be compatible.

Bummer. I read Savage Worlds to be all versions of Savage Worlds. It looks like a really cool extension. I will use it in my DND5e campaign. SWPF, I am in book 2 and have 4 more books to go. I am not a developer so I have no idea what it would take for it to be included in the base SWPF or the extension reworked to be compatible.
    Is there another ruleset for Savage Worlds different from the Adventure Edition? If so, please let me know the name of the file for the ruleset (I do not have it, so I am not aware of it). Perhaps it is SWPF.pak? Once I know, I can add it but I won't be able to test if it works correctly. However, I believe it should, and you'll have to test it yourself. Does that sound okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Is there another ruleset for Savage Worlds different from the Adventure Edition? If so, please let me know the name of the file for the ruleset (I do not have it, so I am not aware of it). Perhaps it is SWPF.pak? Once I know, I can add it but I won't be able to test if it works correctly.
    There is SWPF - Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, and also SWD - the older Savage Worlds Deluxe.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@eldrac - It does not even show up as an extension to enable. I don't know how FGU determines what is allowed but my guess is that something isn't matching and not sure how to determine the ruleset name.

Ruleset names for Savage Worlds different rulesets are:

SavageWorlds
    SWD
    SWPF

Regards,
    JPG

@eldrac - It does not even show up as an extension to enable. I don't know how FGU determines what is allowed but my guess is that something isn't matching and not sure how to determine the ruleset name.
    The extension dev needs to enable access to specific rulesets in the extension definition itself. The ruleset names have been provided in this thread. They'll need to update the extension code and upload it to the Forge before you'll be able to update and test the new extension.

The version of the extension that includes the SWD and SWPF games is now active on The Forge. As I mentioned, I can't check if it works correctly, but I understand there shouldn't be any issues. If it doesn't work, please let me know. Thank you all.

Thread Information