Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    MAKEVULN
    Is only used if they have no resist.
    If they have resist you want to use ignore.

Would be nice if you could choose Temporary Hit Points as one of the types for UNHEALABLE. I have come across it multiple times where a creature 'cant regain hit points', but UNHEALABLE also forbids them to gain Temporary Hit Points.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Working for me, can you get on discord and give me a screenshot there or here?

EDIT:
    After talking to mattvictim, I found why it was working for me. I was using custom. TYPE as M&U said is only used for a limited hardcoded subset of creatures, you can't manually add them.

Likely something SmiteWorks should add IMO.
    Just wanted to mention in case this helps someone else... I was able to get this working by using: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/45/view to add "object" as a new creature type.

With https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view I'm able to add the effect to Siege Monster entries of NPCs so that the effect is auto-parsed into the CT when the NPC is added.

I also added "falling" as a damage type to stop Heavy Armor Master and monsters' resistance to bludgeoning from nonmagical attacks from reducing falling damage.
    Last edited by rocketvaultgames; July 2nd, 2024 at 04:31. Reason: corrected link

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Just wanted to mention in case this helps someone else... I was able to get this working by using: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/45/view to add "object" as a new creature type.

With https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view I'm able to add the effect to Siege Monster entries of NPCs so that the effect is auto-parsed into the CT when the NPC is added.

I also added "falling" as a damage type to stop Heavy Armor Master and monsters' resistance to bludgeoning from nonmagical attacks from reducing falling damage.
    Nice work, thats good info.

Just FYI you can use Equipped Effects also to auto parse effects and add them onto the NPC in the CT, if you don't know how to do this I can help you.
    I find it's easier to do it with EE than AE in this case, but other cases where you making an exact custom item, AE is better. Also AE is better for almost all weapon effects. I wish I could get the Action Only, option into Equipped Effects ext.

Nice work, thats good info.

Just FYI you can use Equipped Effects also to auto parse effects and add them onto the NPC in the CT, if you don't know how to do this I can help you.
    I find it's easier to do it with EE than AE in this case, but other cases where you making an exact custom item, AE is better. Also AE is better for almost all weapon effects. I wish I could get the Action Only, option into Equipped Effects ext.
    In this case I was using this for NPCs (earth elemental, etc.) with Siege Monster as a trait, so the effect should be added right away and always 'on'.

If an item granted an equivalent to Siege Monster (adamantine?), then Equipped Effects and setting it up on the item is the way to go.

If you need it on an NPC and don't want it to always be "on", you can use https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/741/view to have it be an auto-parsed draggable effect in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    In this case I was using this for NPCs (earth elemental, etc.) with Siege Monster as a trait, so the effect should be added right away and always 'on'.

If an item granted an equivalent to Siege Monster (adamantine?), then Equipped Effects and setting it up on the item is the way to go.

If you need it on an NPC and don't want it to always be "on", you can use https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/741/view to have it be an auto-parsed draggable effect in the CT.
    Well sorta.

First you can set up NPCs with "always on" effects, it's not a big deal and I kinda like doing it that way because you can change the effect as a whole without having to change each NPC that has that feature or similar feature.

Example.
    Say you have creatures whom have "Uncanny Defense, you get +2 to all DEX saves and reduce all damage by 5".
    So you make an effect using AE to apply this effect coding to all the creatures with this effect. Lets say its 50 of them.
    You might have a substandard coding on an item that is like
    Code:
    SAVE: 2 dexterity; RESIST: 5 all
    Then lets say in 3 months from now you get a new EXT that allows you better coding on the reduce damage where it's not conflicting with resists. Like BCEG does.

Code:
    SAVE: 2 dexterity; DMGR: 5 all
    So now you have to go back and change all 50 of the NPC (first somehow you have to find them) to the updated coding.
    Whereas with EE, you can simply change the name matched effect coding to the updated coding.

It seems like it's not all that common, but it happens quiet often, which is why I like to use 5eAE matched with EE.

It's a much better system to have updatable lists like this, than each item have the effect. This also allows for 3rd party stuff to have the same effects that you use, without having to code the exact effect/spell codings using the EXTs you use.

Also if I didn't want something always on, I would code it to apply the effect but have it started in the "OFF" setting. If it's really common to use.

Also if it's not so common, I would have it parsed the coding effect in the NPC list of actions/bonus actions/etc

So now you have to go back and change all 50 of the NPC (first somehow you have to find them) to the updated coding.
    Whereas with EE, you can simply change the name matched effect coding to the updated coding.
    Somehow didn't realize this was possible... I agree, that is much better to have it all tied back to one effect to be able to change it across all NPCs in one place. Thanks!

Thread Information