2024 Summer Sale

Saving Throws Automation

I'm working on my first PF2 adventure while we finish our current game. So I'm working on understanding how the new rules work in Fantasy Grounds

I see the monster automation "DC 18 basic Fortitude save"|Save: Fortitude[DC:18][BASIC] puts the effect on the player, who then rolls his fortitude save and FG uses this DC to check against for success and failure

This seems to work as intended when rolling the fortitude save directly from the character sheet, but I firmly strong arm my players to use the hotbars for commonly used rolls to help improve the speed and efficiency of our game sessions.

While testing this automation I hotbarred the saves to 1,2,3 When using the topmost default hotbars the fortitude save ignores the automation in the combat tracker
    If the Saves are hotbarred to any of the modifier keys CTRL, ALT, SHIFT then the roll works as expected respecting the automation in the combat tracker

I'm not sure if this is intended operation, and it's easy enough to make sure players hotbar saves to CTRL, ALT, SHIFT bars to ensure automation works as intended but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    I'm not sure if this is intended operation, and it's easy enough to make sure players hotbar saves to CTRL, ALT, SHIFT bars to ensure automation works as intended but I thought I would bring it to your attention.
    It's not intended operation. Thanks for letting us know about the issue, we'll review and get a fix in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    ...but I firmly strong arm my players to use the hotbars for commonly used rolls to help improve the speed and efficiency of our game sessions.
    One word of warning with using the Hotkey bar for rolls - the statistics of the roll are hard coded when added to the Hotkey bar. If the save/attack/damage/whatever changes on the character sheet after, then this isn't reflected in the hotkey bar. Players will need to update any appropriate hotkey slots whenever the base save/attack/damage/whatever changes on their PC sheet - this includes after leveling up with anything that has at least trained proficiency as the bonus will have changed and the hotkey slots will need updating.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's not intended operation. Thanks for letting us know about the issue, we'll review and get a fix in a future update.

One word of warning with using the Hotkey bar for rolls - the statistics of the roll are hard coded when added to the Hotkey bar. If the save/attack/damage/whatever changes on the character sheet after, then this isn't reflected in the hotkey bar. Players will need to update any appropriate hotkey slots whenever the base save/attack/damage/whatever changes on their PC sheet - this includes after leveling up with anything that has at least trained proficiency as the bonus will have changed and the hotkey slots will need updating.
    That's good to know, thanks for the heads up.

It's like the automation with effects like Power Attack which one of my guys always has active on the combat tracker and after the last level up needed to be removed and re-added to reflect the proper modifiers

Thread Information