DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Morecore or Xcore?

So I would like to try my hand at GMin'g Spycraft (the 2000's d20 spy rpg) in FGU. I've not done much in trying to create a rulest in FGU, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Would it be better to try and create it in Morecore or Xcore, or perhaps something else?
    2. Are there any good resources you can point to to learn morecore or xcore, if that's the tool to be used? I've seen some videos by Damned on Youtube dealing with Morecore. Are those still relevant?

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    If you want to code your own ruleset then dont use either as your base - build a CoreRPG layered ruleset.

If you want to do it without the coding effort then XCore/MoreCore give you the most options.
    Personally I recommend that you go with XCore - it is cleaner and simpler to use.
    On the flip side it doesnt have as many inbuilt rolls as MoreCore.

It is however much easier to write additional rolls for and to create a theme for.

Spycraft is largely a roll over d20 system I think?
    XCore should handle that comfortably.

As much as I would like to code my own ruleset I don't think I'm quite up to that task yet.
    I'll check out Xcore, I'm going to hope you have a series for videos on that like I found for Morecore.
    Yea, Spycraft classic was basically a reskinned version of D&D 3.0, and I think that's what I'm going to focus on, since Spycraft 2.0 is a bit different. It was still a d20 game but there was a more to it.

Thread Information