2024 Summer Sale

Thread: Forge Sale?

Forge Sale?

I’m sure this has been asked, but like I said in the unfortunate Rob2E thread, I have barely been around.

Some rulesets I used to buy things for (C&C, and since it’s a new version it had to be repurchased even though rules remained same) and some newer ones like S&W and OSE and related adventures are Forge only.

I mainly just play FG but I like buying the systems I like - however since I have only ever run a couple Deadlands sessions, I only buy these things during sales. More of a continuing “subscription” to Smiteworks and the creators for thanks since I’ve been using my ultimate subscription since like 2015 and only once paid again when Unity KS came out.

But to rationalize that to myself since I am not in the “oodles of discretionary income” category (damn new old homes and college and a wife, let’s not forget that) I tend to do most of my not-likely-to-run-but-like purchasing during sales.

And there never seem to be sales on Forge products themselves or the coins to buy them. And some of them are otherwise big names that might get more traction I am *guessing* like OSE and C&C.

These site sales bring me to check out what’s out and always remind me of the lack in Forge.

Happy 4th to all!

Blog Entries
    Forge items go on sale based upon the individual Forge Creator's whim. Might be interesting to have a coordinated (optional) sale periods. Plus adding them to the newsletter might be good.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If they had an option to match Smiteworks sales kinda like DTRPG then that would be great. If they further narrowed it to something like "match sci/fi sales" or match particular ruleset sales it would be even better.

Like LE said, Forge sales are down to the publisher of the Forge item, and they are separate from Smiteworks. Rob2e used to do sales on the Forge not sure if he timed them with Smiteworks/Steam Sales.

Maybe Smiteworks could send out a "reminder" email to Forge Crafters that there is a sale coming up etc., and then publishers/creators could time their sales with FG.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    If they had an option to match Smiteworks sales kinda like DTRPG then that would be great. If they further narrowed it to something like "match sci/fi sales" or match particular ruleset sales it would be even better.
    I like this idea!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

DTRPG lets you click a checkbox on an item to allow it to be included in their sales. I think it even has a limit. So you can set the limit to 50% and if they have a 70% off then they wont include it. You can un-check it. So its still up to the publisher and can be unchecked. I tried sales on the forge but it only allows a sale once every 8 weeks or something? After 8 weeks I tend to forget to do another sale. :-) Unless they changed that.

Wow guys. Thanks for the info. I never knew this and since I only ever see the newsletter - I never knew about any sales.

So I guess none I am ver cared about (C&C, S&W, OSE) were on sale in newsletter over the years. Cos while I don’t go on site so much now I never miss reading the newsletter for sales and news.

I’m not trying to force Forgers (ok that ain’t sounding right) to put stuff on sale - I just thought there was no way to do so. Now I know!

Thread Information