5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Wonderful. My Warlock player will now have more options on his default cast...

ELDRITCH BLAST!
    Maybe I misunderstood what you mean, but it looks to me like the summary that Laerun posted suggests the opposite:
    - Invocation Options: Additional invocations allow for diverse builds, including options to modify various cantrips beyond Eldritch Blast.
    ...which means that your warlock won't have more options on Eldritch Blast, but will have more options on other cantrips

Yup.

Popular Eldritch Invocations for Warlocks like Agonizing Blast and Repelling Blast are still here but with a couple of big changes.

First, they are no longer limited to Eldritch Blast. Instead, you choose one of your known Warlock cantrips that deals damage, and now you can add your Charisma modifier to that damage roll. So now you can boost damage for Toll the Dead or Thunderclap with Agonizing Blast if that suits your Warlock build better than Eldritch Blast. Note, however, that Repelling Blast is restricted to cantrips that deal damage via an attack roll.

Next, you can select these invocations multiple times when adding new Eldritch Invocations. So if you’re trying to build a cantrip powerhouse, you could add Agonizing Blast or Repelling Blast to multiple cantrips. But of course, you still can use it for Eldritch Blast because, let’s face it, if you’re a Warlock, you’re probably going to want to.
    Source: https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1756...lock-whats-new

Eldritch Blast is still the obvious pick for Agonizing Blast for better scaling given multiple beams, unless they reworked it -- or the DM is unusually fond of helmed horrors, NPCs with Brooch of Shielding, and other force-immune or force-resistant enemies.

i believe the concept of "Ray of Frost with Repelling Blast" for push+speed reduction was mentioned in the video, but that was odd because Ray of Frost isn't currently on the Warlock spell list.

Thread Information