Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Abomination Vaults for 5E Compendium

Abomination Vault for 5E Compendium

This will be my first Compendium for a 5E project. Please feel free to report bugs, make comments, and even suggestions on what can be done to make this adventure path even better on Fantasy Grounds!

The Abomination Vaults is set on the world of Golarion (the Paizo/Pathfinder default world), but it could be easily placed in any fantasy setting seamlessly as it’s away from any major population centers or impacts any ruling bodies outside of the small town it’s set near.

As for the Vaults itself, it was designed to be a classic dungeon crawl, but with some extra spice – there are factions to meet, possible alliances to be made, and new creatures to encounter. In fact, there are dozens of those – new creatures – as many of the Golarion based monsters make their appearance in the pages of this massive module. It also includes plenty of new items, new weapon types, and even some new spells to discover!

As you can expect from any Fantasy Grounds adventure, it has all the lightening, line-of-sight, and the new 3D token/map-mode to enjoy. One of the extra aspects I added to this was to try to bring automation to everything within the scope of the 5E Ruleset, this includes setting up “pseudo” NPC entries that will give automation to room effects that normally require manual effort to employ. This means that if the party encounters a room that has damaging or conditional effects when entered, you’ll find a Room Effect link that will allow you to apply things like saving throws and damage to characters entering it. It will look something like this:
    [ ] The Furnace Room Effects
    Opening that up might show a Fortitude Saving Throw line that can be applied to characters and the results of it (including save for half damage) as appropriate.

If there are any other aspects that I missed or could enhance the experience when playing through this adventure, please feel free to suggest! And, of course, if you find any errors or bugs in the product, let me know and I'll correct them as soon as possible.

At any rate, there is a township to explore, 10 increasingly challenging levels to dive into, and all sorts of goodies to collect. Enjoy!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Brilliant stuff. I purchased it today, and I'm currently running the PF2 campaign for about a year now. If it's as good as the PF2 version, then I will be very happy. I'm hoping that the NPCs and monsters have been tweaked so that they have some additional actions than just hitting something.

One question. Have the backgrounds from the players guide been converted to 5e? Over on the Paizo forum it appears they weren't for the physical product.

Unfortunately, no, on the backgrounds. It might be interesting to have a third-party conversion done of them, though, and added as an additional add-on module for those who'd be interested in it.

I also considered using my work that gives item automation for easier use, too (IE: Wands have charges and uses, potions have effects, and so forth), but that uses the excellent (but not sure if it's current, currently) Kit'N'Kaboodle extension which not everyone would have.

If you run across anything to add, feel free to ask, or even bounce around ideas on how the Backgrounds from PF2 could be converted independently, start tossing

Thanks for the input!
    SR
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    If you run across anything to add, feel free to ask, or even bounce around ideas on how the Backgrounds from PF2 could be converted independently, start tossing
    You'll be very limited in what you can do with the backgrounds from the PF2 Abomination Vaults Player's Guide. Whereas it was released under the OGL, that only covers game mechanics - the main text of the backgrounds, which is what you'll probably mostly want in a conversion, is classed as Product Identity and is not covered by the OGL.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You'll be very limited in what you can do with the backgrounds from the PF2 Abomination Vaults Player's Guide. Whereas it was released under the OGL, that only covers game mechanics - the main text of the backgrounds, which is what you'll probably mostly want in a conversion, is classed as Product Identity and is not covered by the OGL.
    This is true... it would definitely have to be backgrounds that were generic and not specifically tied to Golarion or anything out of the scope of the OGL. I don't honestly remember what the backgrounds are in the original AV.

Every single background in the AV Player's Guide refers, at least in passing, either to a location in Golarion or a specific NPC from that Adventure Path, except for one -- the "Witchlight Follower" which is basically "you came close to being lured to your doom by a will-o-wisp".

Good point, Nyarly. We'd probably have to simulate them generically rather than follow them explicitly. Doable, for sure, but would have to be done carefully and not too directly. More of a gist thing.

Thread Information