Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Can we sync data between installs?

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum.

I have a laptop I take to game days to run sessions (using a flat screen TV my brother turned into a map display) with and a big/dual-screen desktop that is much easier to prepare sessions on.

Unfortunately I can't see who to prepare on my desktop and then transfer my campaign data to my laptop for maximum convenience.

Is there a method I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

All of your data is stored locally on the computer hard drive. If you want to transfer data from one computer to the other you'll need to do this manually - network copy/paste, temporary upload to a cloud storage system then download, USB drive, etc., etc.. Do not setup an automatic sync of live FG data using cloud backup software or suchlike as this has caused campaign corruption and loss of data.

More information in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...f-My-Campaign?

There's some discussion of using batch files to copy your FG data to a network/cloud location and then download to the target computer in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post308736
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As Trenloe said. When I travel, I make a copy of the Campaign folder from my PC's FG directory and paste it to my laptop's FG directory. When I get back, I copy from my laptop back to my PC, replacing the files in the directory.

FWIW: My PC is Windows and my laptop is a Macbook. Everything works for me following Trenloe's advice above.

FWIW, part deuce: This is a good method for backing up your campaign in the event of a computer crash. I now copy my campaigns to an external hard drive about once every month or two.

Thread Information