Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Light Instructions

Do any instructions or videos exist which actually walk someone through adding a token light to a map? I've been unable to get any lights working on any map in my campaign using the latest version of FGU Ultimate.

I enable the Mask, enable Lighting and Token Vision, add a light, and nothing. Add ambient light, and nothing. Add token light, and nothing. I have no extensions enabled; this is vanilla FGU.

As a long-time user of the software, this used to be something quick and easy to implement when first introduced. Very frustrating that I constantly run into things with documentation so old it doesn't align to what I'm seeing, especially when it used to work flawlessly every time.

Not sure what I've done but its working now...

Unless there's some specific reason you don't need to enable a mask before creating lighting. At any rate there are several videos about lighting, and token lighting, and using the mask here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity (Videos Six, and Eighteen - Twenty should cover most of it).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The videos you referred to are some of the ones I attempted to follow, but lighting continued to fail. I also tried Joshua's videos, Trenloe's, and FG Academy.

The weird thing is that my last attempt (which works) I did the same procedure I had done for the other 15 attempts. I still have no idea why it decided to begin working.

Thread Information