2024 Summer Sale

Syriscape subscriptions

Hello there, I have a question.

My group is considering buying a syrinscape subscription, but we only play Dungeon and Dragons. My question is that if we need the buy the 'supersyrin' subscription, or if the dungeons and dragons one will be enough to link with the presets fantasy grounds made.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    It depends on which FG Sound Link Pack you are using. The Store page for each should tell you. In general, they do say the Super Syrin Sub to make use of all the links. But you need to check each pack.

If you make the links yourself, then you can limit to any Syrin sub that you want.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; June 18th, 2024 at 16:38.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Would be just the dnd ones, PHB, Monster Manual, Curse of Strahd. But the supersyrin subscription allow for remote play, and if I am seeing this correctly, the dungeons and dragons dont have this feature, would that not be required ? Or the players being in the fantasy software would be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by boardgays View Post
    Would be just the dnd ones, PHB, Monster Manual, Curse of Strahd. But the supersyrin subscription allow for remote play, and if I am seeing this correctly, the dungeons and dragons dont have this feature, would that not be required ? Or the players being in the fantasy software would be enough ?
    The Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape integration uses the Syrinscape Web Player, the GM will generate an invitation in FG chat which the players click on to open a web browser to join the GM session (which is the session that uses the Syrinscape license/subscription). The players don't need any license/subscription within Syrinscape, nor do they need to install the older "Syrinscape Online Player" - just click the link in FG chat to open a browser.

Details on how the players join can be found in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...r-your-Players
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 18th, 2024 at 16:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by boardgays View Post
    The D&D sound link packs all state the requirement for a Super Syrin subscription (or a separate purchase of the sound packs) in order to be used.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To further explain, if you did get just the D&D/Pathfinder subscription some of the links would not work. The problem is that the General Fantasy, D&D and Pathfinder sound sets are missing some types of sounds, so Doug had to go out and use the sounds from non D&D/Pathfinder sounds sets.

The numbers according to the sounds_syrinscape.cvs is 16,743 sounds are from sci-fi and boardgame sound sets. This is out of a total of 65,605 sounds, ie just under 26%. Note: I believe that is the original cvs on release so there are probably more sounds now but it's probably still representive of the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    To further explain, if you did get just the D&D/Pathfinder subscription some of the links would not work. The problem is that the General Fantasy, D&D and Pathfinder sound sets are missing some types of sounds, so Doug had to go out and use the sounds from non D&D/Pathfinder sounds sets.

The numbers according to the sounds_syrinscape.cvs is 16,743 sounds are from sci-fi and boardgame sound sets. This is out of a total of 65,605 sounds, ie just under 26%. Note: I believe that is the original cvs on release so there are probably more sounds now but it's probably still representive of the numbers.
    Thanks for the more in depth explanation, now I get it.

Real shame tho, the supersyrin subscription gets really pricey here in Brazil, the dnd one was already to much being honest.

Anyway, sorry for you guys time and thanks again.

I have another question,

Suppose I buy the curse of strahd sound link module and the PHB one, would the MM be necessary in the campaign? What I mean is, the encounters in the curse of strahd linked stories already have the sounds for the npcs and monsters, right? Plus moods, sfx and elements. As far as I know the MM one dont have automations for the monsters attacks or something, like the PHB one does. Of course, if I would play outside the adventure module I would need it or my monster would be without links and I would have to look for their sounds manually.

Is my understanding correct ?

Thanks again.

The CoS sound link should have all the NPCs for that adventure linked to sounds (that would be fx, moods, music). The attack and damage sounds are in the PHB sound pack; those are linked to attacks from various weapons and spells and can therefore be used with any adventure since the weapons are common to all PCs and NPCs. What you probably won't get are sounds for specific NPC attacks like claws or teeth since those are probably not specified or are not catered for. For example there could be a sound for a Bite attack but if the bite attack is described as a jaws attack then FG won't play a sound since there probably isn't one for Jaws. You can of course create those yourself if you have the relevant sounds from Syrinscape.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information