Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Can you screenshot what else is in the item other than the notes section. Did you for example give it a type or subtype?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you screenshot what else is in the item other than the notes section. Did you for example give it a type or subtype?
    There is nothing in those fields. I would've expected a search for "All" in the Item menu to find the item regardless.

A note addressed to Rose and Thorn Screenshot_02 06-27-24.png

Try adding something into the type field. I think that is the problem. Without a type FG won’t know what kind of item it is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Try adding something into the type field. I think that is the problem. Without a type FG won’t know what kind of item it is.
    I tried writing "something" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried writing "uncategorized" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried writing "treasure" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried locking and unlocking the item - It didn't work.

I noticed that a book from the module was categorized as "treasure" in the Type field.
    Last edited by GoldBunnyFox; June 28th, 2024 at 01:01.

Blog Entries
    These Notes - have you tried creating them as Notes or as Story and sharing those?
    The way you are using Items as Notes is not how items ere intended to be used.
    I understand why you have set them up as an Item - they are an object/item of some sort.

Try setting the non-Id name to the same as the Id name.
    But better yet - Notes should be setup as Notes or Story entries.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBunnyFox View Post
    I tried writing "something" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried writing "uncategorized" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried writing "treasure" in the Type field - It didn't work.
    I tried locking and unlocking the item - It didn't work.

I noticed that a book from the module was categorized as "treasure" in the Type field.
    I'm not sure what is going on here. I've now had a chance to test this and it doesn't matter if there is anything in the type field. Here I've created an item with just a description and added it to the party sheet. As you can see it is searchable in the items list and is visible and opens correctly from the party sheet. So I don't know why your one isn't working. Perhaps you are or were using some extension which is interfering? You could try recreating the item in a new campaign to see if that works as a first step to diagnosing the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@GoldBunnyFox Are you creating this note from the item window, then dragging it into the party inventory, or are you creating the note directly in party inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBunnyFox View Post
    Okay, one of my players will post a screenshot of what they see. The item in question is a note that I created using the "Add Item" button in the Item menu. It is named "A note addressed to Rose and Thorn". Attached is a screenshot of what I see. I can see the note in the parcel and the party sheet. I can read the note from the party sheet. The note can't be found with a search in the Items menu.

Attachment 61159
    1) If you create an item directly in the party sheet then the item exists only in the party sheet (and can be transferred to a PC sheet) - you won't see it in the campaign data list. If you want it in the campaign data list, create it there first and then drag that to the party sheet inventory. But note that this will create a copy of the base record in the party sheet and any edits to the base record won't reflect in the party sheet copy (and vice versa) as this is now a new item existing only in the party sheet. The same would be the case for items within Parcels.
    2) "Notes" in an item are only displayed to the player when the item is unidentified, I can see from your screenshot that the item is identified so the players won't see the "Notes" text - details on this field in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...-Standard-Item If you want information to be visible when the item is identified, put it in the main descriptive area of the item.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 28th, 2024 at 15:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, sorry. I totally missed that they were adding it to the notes field rather than the description field.

Thread Information