2024 Summer Sale
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Ohh! Very appreciated!

Cris.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    Hey again,

A first fix in a long time has finally made it in and should be available at the next patching event. It should remove the annoying warning and make sure that the links on all abilities work again.

Hopefully during the coming week I can take a look at why advantage is automatically selected and isn't really possible to remove.

Cheers,
    Simon
    Simpe,

Many thanks. After a 'rebuild' of all the PCs (Delete and then from scratch drag across their Abilities , Powers etc) then errors stopped, which is good.

Our next game is Monday, so will let you know how that goes but grateful for this fix.

btw, re the advantage being automatically selected, it would be *really* helpful for the two diamonds on combat tracker (under effects) to be a much brighter colour when selected,
    At present, they look almost identical turned on or off, so hard to even spot when advantage has suddenly triggered.

Cheers
    Andy

So the game on Monday did not go well - we abandoned the game after many issues.

The character sheets were not working well - rolls of skills or stats etc causing a massive slowdown.
    (dice rolls taking minutes to appear, so I assume some recursive issues or similar)

Assuming (possibly incorrectly) that issues related to character sheet / links or refs to now updated skills / powers etc,
    I tried building one of characters from scratch, see below to see if you can reproduce the error

Note: Running PC, ultimate license, and no extensions

Step 1) As always, good hot cup of coffee
    Step 2) Create a new character / name the character
    Step 3) Set stats (for completeness, Acc 9, Cun 10, Dis 11, Per 5, Qui 7, Res 10, Str 13, Vig 15)
    Step 4) Add Beast lore to character (dragged from right hand menu onto character sheet)
    STep 5) Select master level, and selected 'Beast' as the type of creature.
    Step 6) Noted no box below to make a 'know monster' roll, or whatever it was called, that was present before update
    Step 7) Clicked on the red box to right of the 3 pips indicating master level (the link to record re Beast Lore)
    Step 8) Dialog box with beast lore stats appeared *but* also errors, which are below ....

[6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) charsheet.id-00002.attributes.accurate.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.cunning.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.discreet.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.persuasive.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.quick.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.resolute.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.strong.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (charsheet.id-00002.attributes.vigilant.score)
    [6/26/2024 10:14:32 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..n/scripts/button_stringcycler.lua"]:196: setValue: Unable to create node
    [6/26/2024 10:14:32 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..n/scripts/button_stringcycler.lua"]:196: setValue: Unable to create node

Happy for advice / additional info required. Grateful of any help

This is only one of a number of errors that we ran into when we started to play - we were trying to play initially rather than in 'diagnostic mode',
    which given the number of systems engineers in the game could have been a hoot.

I will try and provide a detailed list of the other issues encountered, in the next week or so - we have switched to playing Shadow of the Demon Lord for a bit
    while issues resolved / until everything a bit more stable.

Querstion to other players - Anyone playing Symbaroum right now without issues (with latest updates)

I look forward to your help, Simon.

Cheers,
    Andy

I've sent the link to the DLC developers.

When I created a new character and followed your steps, I did not see that warning/error issues, but I did not see the extra boxes either and received one "could not find ability node" error message.

Do you have any extra subfolders in your rulesets folder (i.e. Symbaroum) that might be overriding; or any extensions loaded?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've sent the link to the DLC developers.

When I created a new character and followed your steps, I did not see that warning/error issues, but I did not see the extra boxes either and received one "could not find ability node" error message.

Do you have any extra subfolders in your rulesets folder (i.e. Symbaroum) that might be overriding; or any extensions loaded?

Regards,
    JPG
    JPG/Simon

Thanks for looking into this Moon Wizard.

Funnily enough, I had some time last night so tried to do reproduce the wider set of errors we experienced on Monday (which were totally show stopping).
    When I recreated all the PCs (again) but without ever opening up the ‘old’ PCs linked to the ‘before update’ abilities etc, everything now appears to be ok.

Previously I still had the old PCs sheets in the Party and also CT, otherwise no idea why everything appears ok now.

So sorry for the false alarm. Assume nothing to fix for now and will attach full set of logs generated by FGU if we do
    have any other issues.

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by agoldsmi55 View Post
    JPG/Simon

Thanks for looking into this Moon Wizard.

Funnily enough, I had some time last night so tried to do reproduce the wider set of errors we experienced on Monday (which were totally show stopping).
    When I recreated all the PCs (again) but without ever opening up the ‘old’ PCs linked to the ‘before update’ abilities etc, everything now appears to be ok.

Previously I still had the old PCs sheets in the Party and also CT, otherwise no idea why everything appears ok now.

So sorry for the false alarm. Assume nothing to fix for now and will attach full set of logs generated by FGU if we do
    have any other issues.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hi Andy,

Glad to hear that the issues were resolved when recreating the characters. Maybe there's some incompability with old data. I would probably be able to have a fixup-step for it if I knew exactly what it was that broke. I think I might have some time the coming week and I'll prioritize other known bugs (I think that advantage is auto-selected in CT now somehow), and if I get more time I'll try to see if I can find any backwards compability issues.

Thanks,
    Simon

Thread Information