5E Character Create Playlist

Forums Theme Refresh

Hello everyone -

Quick note that the default theme for the Forums has been refreshed to be in line with the recent site updates and new branding. This includes some usability / accessibility updates as well (like capping the reading area of threads and posts where you're not turning your head a long way if you're on a 4k monitor, some increased contrast / clarity in some tags, etc.).

Most of the core forums elements have been untouched as of yet, so functionality shouldn't really be impacted anywhere, but let us know if you see anything off with the new theme and we'll get it resolved quickly.

If you really loved the previous default theme, you can also switch back to it in the bottom left of the page's dropdown. It's called "FG - Leather - Legacy."

More to come, thanks!

The pure white backgrounds are not pleasant for people with vision problems, hence we use dark themes. However, that is not the case on the new style. I have to use a third party plugin to convert the site to a dark theme. The plugin is a bit of a sledge hammer, so it never looks nice, but at least I can see it.

Would be really nice if the site follows the system theme choice.
    Last edited by Xemit; June 27th, 2024 at 15:40.

Xemit raises a good point.

I do like it though, very clean!
    Forever DM - Fifth Edition (Homebrew Campaign)
    Would love to try Call of Cthulhu. Any Gatekeepers out there?
    Wish List Item - Hide death chat notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    The pure white backgrounds are not pleasant for people with vision problems, hence we use dark themes. However, that is not the case on the new style. I have to use a third party plugin to convert the site to a dark theme. The plugin is a bit of a sledge hammer, so it never looks nice, but at least I can see it.

Would be really nice if the site follows the system theme choice.
    This wasn't the case with the previous default theme either, and it's not something that is supported by our version of vBulletin. The intent with this theme update was to bring the forums in line with our new branding, but there is the possibility of additional dark mode focused themes being added in the future.

I use the "Dark Reader" plugin for my browser. It works nicely with this new Theme. In fact I wasn't aware that it was in white because my Dark Reader is most of the time On.

Speaking of that, For your next big task (the new FGU theme) please consider doing a dark theme or a possibility to have at least an alternate dark background for it. Thanks
    Last edited by Egheal; June 27th, 2024 at 19:48.

Looking really nice!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Speaking of that, For your next big task (the new FGU theme) please consider doing a dark theme or a possibility to have at least an alternate dark background for it. Thanks
    Absolutely agree with this. The bright screens always give me a headache so I personally use Dark Mode as much as possible.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information