5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It's a home brew class so I wouldn't allow it.
    Same. I never allow home brew classes in my games.

Actually not just that but if I don’t have it in my FGU and it’s not fully fleshed out like an official wotc source book does. That’s a hard no as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchild214 View Post
    I am getting ready to run Rime of the Frostmaiden and one player wants to be a Levistus Tiefling Frost Sorcerer. I am on the fence, not sure I really want a PC to have ability to not be unharmed by cold, frigid temps, etc. The subclass seems little https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Frost_Sorcery_(5e_Subclass) Any thoughts on this?
    This subclass is pretty balanced IMO, I would allow it but not in RotF, as others have pointed out, the cold is a major factor to the campaign and you really don't want someone walking through all that.

If they wanted to play this in another type of campaign, I would be down for that. Seems pretty cool.

First, I want to say that I am exceedingly skeptical of any "homebrew" option brought to my table, but I allow well-crafted, balanced options and dismiss the rest.

However, I find it curious that many people whom automatically dismiss anything of the homebrew variety will also praise/allow a number of the options available on the DMsGuild/DrivethruRPG. The primary difference between the the options is that type is free while the other is not. Certainly, there are levels of quality but no basic minimum is required to have material published for sale on those platforms.

Furthermore, every 3rd party book (even those from million dollar Kickstarters) are technically "homebrew," but that doesn't automatically make them good or bad. I've seen some truly amazing work that is distributed for free and some of the "high-end" projects that have been absolute trash. Not to mention the fact that a significant portion of WotCs material over the last few years has been absolutely terrible.
    lol/no

Thread Information