5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Cleric incorrect ability proficiency - Basic setup

I'm using a basic DnD 5e setup (5E SRD Data, D&D Basic Rules - Players) without any of the PHB, DMG modules. The only module I have got is the Dragons of Stormwreck Isle.

I've noticed the character generation via the "Character Wizard" gives Clerics intelligence proficiency instead of wisdom.

Is it worth reporting the issue and are there any ways of getting round this?

Thanks, sPK

shyPunk, there is a thread on the 5E forum about bugs specifically with the character wizard. So that is where you should want to post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reports/page14

The character sheet is just like one at the table and you can change it. I'd just finish building your character and then move your mouse over Int, hold down Ctrl and roll the mouse wheel down to reduce Int by 1. Then increase Wis by 1 by holding down Ctrl and rolling the mouse wheel until you increase the stat.

Please be aware that stats in 5E are usually effected by the race of the class. Are you sure you picked a race that gives a Wis stat raise?

Edit: In the SRD I'm pretty sure only the Human and Dwarf raise Wisdom.
    Last edited by Griogre; June 23rd, 2024 at 18:19.

@Griogre, thanks for the reply. I'll look at posting in the 5E forum.

I noticed the problem because the wisdom bonus was not being add where it should. On top of that the character sheet has a little yellow star to show the attributes that get the proficiency bonus and it showing Inteligence and Charasma.

Just for the record it is a Hill Dwarf, cleric.

I guess this issue is not present if you have the PBH module.

Any way, thanks again, sPK

I can verify the problem. The SRD starts you as a Hill Dwarf instead of a Dwarf. Instead is should start you as a Dwarf for the +2 Con, then let you pick the hill dwarf subrace to get your Wis increase. I just checked and the Elf has the same type of problem since it starts as a High Elf instead of an Elf. I imagined they originally did that since there is no choice of sub-race in the SRD.

It occurs to me you may not know you can build characters by drag and dropping instead of using the character generator. If you finish building your character with the character wizard you can then open races on the side under characters, click on Dwarf, then Subrace at the bottom so it show you Hill Dwarf. Then just drag and drop the Hill Dwarf link onto your character to get the +1 to Wis and toughness.

You could do the same for a High Elf as well.

@shyPunK
    There are two areas you'll need to adjust so that it works the way you expect.

• On the main tab, just click off the Int proficiency star and click on the Cha one.
    • Then, on the Actions tab, for each header of an ability group that will use the Cha proficiency in its calculation:
      1. Click on the magnifying glass on the right side of the header.
      2. Click on the Ability and Save DC cyclers until they say Cha.
      3. Then for each spell/ability under that header, just ensure the Base (again, open the magnifying glass for the attack) is set to Group Atk+ (for attack) and/or Group DC+ (for saves).
    Last edited by wndrngdru; June 23rd, 2024 at 18:48.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E sub-forum

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information