DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding mod to PC rolls as GM

Hi everybody,
    is there a way to add a modifier before the PC roll?
    I cannot figure out out to do that.
    E.g. when I as GN click the button for the rear attack bonus, the PC rolls and that mod is not showing up.
    the same for the difficulty grade or any other mod (both the preset button or the custom one).

Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    Hi everybody,
    is there a way to add a modifier before the PC roll?
    I cannot figure out out to do that.
    E.g. when I as GN click the button for the rear attack bonus, the PC rolls and that mod is not showing up.
    the same for the difficulty grade or any other mod (both the preset button or the custom one).
    Drag the modifier onto the PC in question, either in the combat tracker, or onto the player's token on the map.

EDIT: I am WRONG.
    Last edited by seycyrus; June 23rd, 2024 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not possible in any ruleset AFAIK. The modifier stack is local to the client and cant be interacted with by anyone else.
    What, really?

Blog Entries
    AFAIK it cant be done.
    Its not stored in the DB and there is no documented way to interact with it.
    Applying an Effect in some rulesets might be able to simulate it.

Apart from the lack of a way to do it - you also have no way of knowing if a player will actually make the roll you think they are going to.

thank you @Damned.
    I'm used of getting my players the option of cancelling their action when they understand it is too difficult. And this tipically comes after adding all the modifiers I ask them to add.
    Asking to add by themselves requires players very expert in getting all the mod and not doing any error while adding them. I'm far from that point. Any suggestions for avoiding clogging the game with continuous amendments to the rolls in the meantime?
    How do all RMC GMs handle this?

You can always modify things after the fact via the Table Resolver.

For instance, I did a MM roll here, it's set to Medium, but if I just select a different column, it will make that change.

You can also add modifiers on the left side, check or uncheck as necessary to enable/disable them. You can either add them manually (via the right click menu), or drag/drop from the modifiers window.

Here's a couple of screen shots, if I click apply, the proper result would be applied.

thank you @Sulimo
    this definitely is the right way to manage the situation, but don't change the main reason why I'ld rather my players had a clear overview of how much hard is the action before they roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    thank you @Sulimo
    this definitely is the right way to manage the situation, but don't change the main reason why I'ld rather my players had a clear overview of how much hard is the action before they roll.
    Why don't you tell them which button to click on their client, then they should have a clear overview of how hard something is? You have the presets next to the modifier stack in the lower left corner (Routine to Absurd difficulty), they can drag any modifier from the Modifiers to their hotkeys, and click that before they roll.

If that doesn't address your concern, then I am not sure what your concern is.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

yes indeed and this is what I started to do and after a while I came here for some hints.
    it's from where they start and where they could get to that makes the real difference on what could work or not.
    Again, thank you all for your precious sharing.

Thread Information