Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: RIP Rob2e

We didn’t really interact, but I know Rob contributed a lot to the FG community over the years.
    Rest in Peace Rob - I know you’ll be missed. You’ve left a permanent positive mark on this community.

I am very sad to hear this. I knew he was ill the past few months but was hoping he'd get past it. Funny and truthful guy.

I started watching his videos early on in my foray into FG because I thought he played AD&D 2e and he always thought I played Savage Worlds when we chatted. I still kept watching him after I figured out he didnt play 2e because he was an entertaining chap. I will miss him.

I hope he and Digital Dave are at a table where ever they are throwing dice and not flipping tables with his old DM.

RIP Rob.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Rob Twohy was a big character, a massive personality and it already feels like there is a hole that can never be filled. There is an eerie silence in his discord and it shows how much energy and life a person brings to a place when they are suddenly gone.

He could come across as abrasive, but he also had a heart of gold and would go out of his way for you - as evident in the sheer amount of work he did improving the player experience for countless people of using Fantasy Grounds with his endless and important extensions, his help and support channels and his love for Fantasy Grounds in his iconic show 'All Things Fantasy Grounds'.

I was a guest on his show approximately 4 times over the decade and was the guest on his last show no. #287 just days before he passed. It had been a few years since I'd talked with Rob, then out of the blue he messages me and asks if I want to be on the show and gave me two options, June 9th or June 23rd. I'm so grateful I chose June 9th. In the meantime, Laerun and I had just touched base and decided to work together as well. Somehow, Laerun, Aaron and I were suddenly brought back together out of the blue and placed together once more for what now seems his final send-off. Over the years the three of us have contributed in our own ways to Fantasy Grounds and its community, and we always worked well together when we did so. And, it was such a shock a few days later to hear Rob say he'd gone into hospital and almost died when his oxygen failed - and then even more shocking when he announced that he wasn't going to make it.

It was like being at someone who is dying's bedside, keeping them company all the while knowing they are not going to be there soon. I am extremely grateful and fortunate to have been able to be there on his discord channel while he died, and with dozens of others to show our love and support and say our goodbyes so that he knew he was surrounded by friends and family - even digitally. I can't imagine how terrible it would have been for him to go without knowing how much of an impact he made and how much joy, entertainment and laughter he brought to so many lives. He liked all the goodbye posts up to a point and then, he just stopped responding.

Rob was a master at Fantasy Grounds, I remember him teaching me coding many years ago - and he took a lot of knowledge and willingness to promote and share that knowledge with him. I know he is survived by others who will carry on his legacy of helping others to enjoy their games through navigating the difficulties that can arise using FG which is a deep and powerful software suite with a lot of moving and moveable parts that can overwhelm. But for me, Rob Twohy was unique and irreplaceable.

Condolences to all who knew and loved him,
    May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by gtw2017; June 22nd, 2024 at 08:04.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Rob Twohy was a big character, a massive personality and it already feels like there is a hole that can never be filled. There is an eerie silence in his discord and it shows how much energy and life a person brings to a place when they are suddenly gone.

He could come across as abrasive, but he also had a heart of gold and would go out of his way for you - as evident in the sheer amount of work he did improving the player experience for countless people of using Fantasy Grounds with his endless and important extensions, his help and support channels and his love for Fantasy Grounds in his iconic show 'All Things Fantasy Grounds'.

I was a guest on his show approximately 4 times over the decade and was the guest on his last show no. #287 just days before he passed. It had been a few years since I'd talked with Rob, then out of the blue he messages me and asks if I want to be on the show and gave me two options, June 9th or June 23rd. I'm so grateful I chose June 9th. In the meantime, Laerun and I had just touched base and decided to work together as well. Somehow, Laerun, Aaron and I were suddenly brought back together out of the blue and placed together once more for what now seems his final send-off. Over the years the three of us have contributed in our own ways to Fantasy Grounds and its community, and we always worked well together when we did so. And, it was such a shock a few days later to hear Rob say he'd gone into hospital and almost died when his oxygen failed - and then even more shocking when he announced that he wasn't going to make it.

It was like being at someone who is dying's bedside, keeping them company all the while knowing they are not going to be there soon. I am extremely grateful and fortunate to have been able to be there on his discord channel while he died, and with dozens of others to show our love and support and say our goodbyes so that he knew he was surrounded by friends and family - even digitally. I can't imagine how terrible it would have been for him to go without knowing how much of an impact he made and how much joy, entertainment and laughter he brought to so many lives. He liked all the goodbye posts up to a point and then, he just stopped responding.

Rob was a master at Fantasy Grounds, I remember him teaching me coding many years ago - and he took a lot of knowledge and willingness to promote and share that knowledge with him. I know he is survived by others who will carry on his legacy of helping others to enjoy their games through navigating the difficulties that can arise using FG which is a deep and powerful software suite with a lot of moving and moveable parts that can overwhelm. But for me, Rob Twohy was unique and irreplaceable.

Condolences to all who knew and loved him,
    May he rest in peace.
    I didn't know that but it sounds just like Rob. He was an immensely practical man.

I had the pleasure of DMing for him. After I added a house rule that any character next to the edge of a fireball had a 50% chance of being hit, he organized a mutany and convinced all the players in my group but one to quit along with him at the same time. Fond memories! Me and the remaining guy laughed about that every time anyone cast a fireball near a PC. for years afterwards. He was dearly missed.

Sad face. I did not know the man but I use his 5e extensions for Fantasy Grounds. RIP.

He is one of the main reasons I chose Fantasy Grounds back in 2020. He willingly answered questions that were well thought out, aiming me in directions to learn more. and when I inevitably asked a poorly thought through question, the wonderfully unpadded gruff response was also welcomed.

I've Lurked in his discord forever, and I am "happy" to say that I was there to read about his decision to go out the way he chose. watching the outpouring of discord responses and the likes and occasional responses from Rob, I believe it was good for everyone. and someone either with him or talking to him more directly said he was laughing at many of the responses and enjoyed them all.

RIP Rob. you had an impact and have left your mark.
    Last edited by Morenu; June 23rd, 2024 at 11:30.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance** accidentally deleted, If anyone grabbed a copy, PLEASE let me know**. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

RIP Rob... Your presence is already missed.

Thread Information