Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

Thread: Website refresh

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Looks great, but I don’t see where to buy a license on the home page anymore. The link to compare licenses goes to a FAQ, but there’s no actual link to the store to get a license.
    You caught us in the middle of an update, but you'll see them there now.

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Hello everyone -

I wanted to mention a few updates in the last day or two with the site.

We'll still likely end up with a dedicated (and automated) /games page at some point, but in the meantime, I got a solution in there to display all our officially-licensed games / systems on the homepage with a carousel. Don't get too hung up on ordering or anything, as the list and placement will rotate depending on a variety of factors in the days to come. The key is all of them are there on the front page now, which is aa better spot than we were in even before the refresh.

We also have the Sign In / Register button only appearing in the main section now if you're not logged in, and a store button replacing it if you are.

And this one came from Discord, but if you happen to navigate to a product that isn't released yet in the store, there's a pretty clear label there now instead of just missing buttons.

Separately-but-related, we've done a pretty big pass this week on some brand unification with the overall refresh, so you should see the new look in most all of the places. The team has even covered a good bit of ground with product cover updates, etc. that we will continue to work through over time.

Up next for me, I'll turn my Eye of Sauron to the app a bit more, with things like a new default theme being among the first up on the list. We'll share more updates as we have them.

Thanks!
    Much better
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed, the more I have to deal with this, the more annoyed I'm getting about it. I figure by now over the entire user base it's got to be at man-days of time lost, of not man-weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The new favicon looks great on dark mode but on normal browser mode it is quite washed out. Possibly you could put a dark ring around it?
    Agree with this...
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Agree with this...
    I did too - which is why it was already updated half an hour ago.

It might take a while for cache to clear in a few of the places.
    Last edited by BadEye; June 21st, 2024 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    The new layout looks neat, but I personally dislike the fact that logging in the forum automatically redirects to the main webpage instead of the same forum/thread I was in, it's annoying to browse around to find where I was...
    This should now be resolved - let us know if anyone still sees any strange login redirect behavior.

The new catalog list looks sweet!!

Blog Entries

Looking good.

Hello everyone -

I wanted to mention a few updates in the last day or two with the site.

We'll still likely end up with a dedicated (and automated) /games page at some point, but in the meantime, I got a solution in there to display all our officially-licensed games / systems on the homepage with a carousel.
    <snip>

Thanks!
    One thing that I think would be a good addition is an automated list of active games that could be pulled from the server pings. Doug generates a yearly report, occasionally , on games being run a break down of systems, and a bit of analysis of the info. While a lot of that was probably manually generated from the data. It would be a draw to have something automated that say updated like from the previous day. Nothing that has to be a big draw on the servers. Then new users could get a better idea of how active the user base is with a couple of graphs.

Took a couple of days for it to update my favicon on my saved link, but it looks great now.
    aka Laendra

Thread Information