GI JOE RPG Launch

What does "D&D fith edition ruleset" mean

I'm interested in buying the "D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle" however one of its requirements is the "D&D fith edition ruleset".

Does this mean the 5E SRD modules and/or the D&D Basic Rules modules or does it mean I need to buy the 5E PBH, DMG and MM modules?

Thanks sPK

Quote Originally Posted by shyPunK View Post
    I'm interested in buying the "D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle" however one of its requirements is the "D&D fith edition ruleset".

Does this mean the 5E SRD modules and/or the D&D Basic Rules modules or does it mean I need to buy the 5E PBH, DMG and MM modules?

Thanks sPK
    The ruleset is the instructions for being able to play a particular game (i.e what happens when you attack or do damage, or how to create a character) which needs to be loaded into Fantasy Grounds when you start the campaign. Some rulesets are available for purchase from the store but in the case of the 5e ruleset it comes free with a Fantasy Grounds license. So it has nothing to do with modules such as the PHB, DMG etc or even the SRD or Basic rules. It's a different kind of thing which you need to actually run the game. So if you have an FG license you already have the 5e ruleset included. More details here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Hosting+a+Game
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus. Managing to make a bit more progress now. sPK

Blog Entries
    Technically it is the ruleset but to really make use of the ruleset you will also want either the Basic or SRD or the PHB (and then MM and maybe DMG).

Thread Information