5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Website refresh

A link to a page showing all rulesets would answer my criticism just fine; seems perfectly sensible to list top sellers or top-by-games-played on the main page and the rest on a click through page.

Cheers, Hywel

Just went to the new store page. One thing that is annoying, not all products show the ruleset they are for, unless I click into the product itself. It would be nice to see the ruleset before I click.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    This also doesn't make complete sense to me, as no VTT lists every system they support on their homepage - that kind of full list happens elsewhere in the store or another page of the site, which is what we already do (in the store) and will end up with as well (on a dedicated page). And one more time for effect, the site two days ago didn't list every system we support either.Attachment 61083
    That is I suppose fair.
    The site did however have twice as many games listed on the front page previously as opposed to 16 now.
    Right now it takes a minimum of 4 clicks to find the other officially supported games - and that is if you know what you are looking for and know that games are called rulesets. And there is no obvious link to Forge rulesets (some of which are official/licensed) from there either.
    The current Browse all games button does not take you to more games but to the catalogue as presented by the algorithm (newest releases, best sellers and current sale items?).
    A suggestion - with the new listing format you can probably fit more titles per page.

Please note - I do think the new pages do look great.

Oh and DNDB and Alchemy list all their games or at least publishers on the front page.

Here is my suggestion. Where the 16 games are listed under "Your Favorite Games" have this be the image of a rotating cube like a giant 6 sided die, where after 20 or 30 seconds it will spin to another side with other games listed. Have buttons to where you can flip back and forth between sides. Possibly have the first side be a defined set, and after it spins some other random rulesets populate the side.

Now, I clicked on "Browse all games", then typed in Vaesen, and and I get 4 items, but at the bottom is "[Prev] Page 1 of 1 [Next]". It might be worth polishing this up to where the Prev and Next buttons aren't displayed on single page results.

I also think there could be a verbiage change. On the main page is "Your Favorite Games" which lists rulesets. At the top is a link to "Find a Game" which my brain for a second thought might be another listing of rulesets. There might need to be a distinction at some point between games and games. I mean rulesets and people playing/tables. Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Bad Eye said that eventually it will.open to all rulesets.but its a WIP.
    That should have definitely been 1) announced in the initial post that the refresh was a WIP (it was presented as a website refresh, not a WIP, so quite a few of us assumed that it was a "complete" refresh), and/or 2) the browse all rulesets button should have either acted like Dakadin suggested, or if it is eventually going to go to another page that lists all the rulesets, it should have gone to that page with an "Under Construction" sign on it....
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

this "confusion" could have easily been avoided had the website been "previewed" by those curious to gather feedback before making it "live"
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

otherwise, I like the direction
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    this "confusion" could have easily been avoided had the website been "previewed" by those curious to gather feedback before making it "live"
    Not much progress is ever made by committee!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Not much progress is ever made by committee!
    While I agree, in principle, I don't think that having a "preview" period would have slowed down progress, and indeed could have caught the main point being brought up before it went live.
    aka Laendra

Thread Information