Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Website refresh

Blog Entries

Looks fantastic

The website looks totally cool and professional! On the page where the prices of the licenses are listed where you have both the monthly price and the one time price, some may take it as an upfront cost for the license AND an additional monthly fee to keep playing. Might be better to put an "or" between the two prices. Otherwise, I think the site looks better than the other VTT websites out there. Nice job, Doug!
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    I will agree that all of the rulesets should be easily accessible. But I also understand the problem with listing them all on the homepage. It's easy to overwhelm people with options and information. IMO, make an obvious link "15 more rulesets, details here" or "See all 492 rulesets here!" or such. But I tend to agree to not have them all on the homepage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nah, if Smiteworks is going to make the assumption that my favorite game is one of the 16 listed, then I am "assuming" that they don't support my game. Either make EVERYONE go to a page that lists all the official ones, or don't list any
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    The main reason FG users try another VTT is to play a game system not supported on FG.
    New buyers are not going to buy when their game system isnt available and it is somewhere else.
    I would strongly prefer to see 492 rulesets all listed.

Blog Entries
    Remember, the website refresh is not designed for us. It's designed for the 99% of the RPG community that does not use FG, and the 85% of those who do not use any VTT. (percentages made up!) I would suggest one of the values Adam brings is a different perspective than those we all currently have. I think we should all be open to change knowing the intent is to make things better for all by changing how FG is perceived outside of us FG advocates.
    Edit: but this does not mean we should not voice our opinions, re-reading my post, I fear such could have been construed.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; June 17th, 2024 at 05:06.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello everyone - I'll jump in and start by sharing that this is step 0.5 of a big, adventurous journey. We're not going to be able to snap our fingers and have everything done in an instant (although we did crank out a new website in less than a week, so let's see what we can do).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I will agree that all of the rulesets should be easily accessible. But I also understand the problem with listing them all on the homepage. It's easy to overwhelm people with options and information. IMO, make an obvious link "15 more rulesets, details here" or "See all 492 rulesets here!" or such. But I tend to agree to not have them all on the homepage.
    We won't have every single ruleset we support on the homepage, mainly for the reason you mention here (we didn't have all the systems we support on the homepage before the site refresh either, by the way since it seems like in this thread that's being misunderstood), but we will end up with a dedicated "Games / Systems" page that has them all that will be accessible from the "Browse All Games" button at the bottom of the abbreviated homepage section. That page will have ALL games and will take some time to compile, hence the transitional period here where that button takes you to the store where you can access every product for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Nah, if Smiteworks is going to make the assumption that my favorite game is one of the 16 listed, then I am "assuming" that they don't support my game. Either make EVERYONE go to a page that lists all the official ones, or don't list any
    That feels dramatic. As I mention above, we'll have a page that actually shows all of the game systems (since before according to your logic, we were assuming that your favorite was in the 33 that were listed and not the other systems that were missing from that list). We're simplifying the list of systems on the homepage itself, but we'll end up with a place that is actually comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The main reason FG users try another VTT is to play a game system not supported on FG.
    New buyers are not going to buy when their game system isnt available and it is somewhere else.
    I would strongly prefer to see 492 rulesets all listed.
    This also doesn't make complete sense to me, as no VTT lists every system they support on their homepage - that kind of full list happens elsewhere in the store or another page of the site, which is what we already do (in the store) and will end up with as well (on a dedicated page). And one more time for effect, the site two days ago didn't list every system we support either.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarsamak View Post
    Now I hope FGU receives a similar "refurbishment" although I guess it's not easy and could take much time.
    It absolutely will - that will be several steps in our upcoming adventurous journey. We're looking forward to rolling that out and we'll share more as we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddieCat View Post
    Such an improvement. Looking forward to seeing what else is coming.
    Can't wait!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaquille-o-neal-shimmy.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	61083
    Last edited by BadEye; June 17th, 2024 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Remember, the website refresh is not designed for us.
    I'm not sure who the "us" here is, but we have received positive feedback about the site refresh beyond expectations already, so it is seemingly resonating with current FGU fans as well.

The feedback about roughly half the games that were previously listed on the homepage no longer being listed is a valid question to raise - and as I shared in the last post, the reasons were 1) we need to simplify for all the new fans that are going to be coming to Fantasy Grounds for the first time, 2) the previous homepage didn't list them all anyway, and 3) we want to end up with a completely comprehensive /games page that does indeed list them all.

Keep any and all feedback coming. We'll monitor all of it and make adjustments as needed. It's also great to hear the positive impressions, as that validates the direction we're heading, so keep that coming too!
    Last edited by BadEye; June 17th, 2024 at 05:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    The website looks totally cool and professional! On the page where the prices of the licenses are listed where you have both the monthly price and the one time price, some may take it as an upfront cost for the license AND an additional monthly fee to keep playing. Might be better to put an "or" between the two prices.
    Much appreciated - and this is a good callout. I agree and that's been updated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BadEye; June 17th, 2024 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    I'm not sure who the "us" here is, but we have received positive feedback about the site refresh beyond expectations already, so it is seemingly resonating with current FGU fans as well.

The feedback about roughly half the games that were previously listed on the homepage no longer being listed is a valid question to raise - and as I shared in the last post, the reasons were 1) we need to simplify for all the new fans that are going to be coming to Fantasy Grounds for the first time, 2) the previous homepage didn't list them all anyway, and 3) we want to end up with a completely comprehensive /games page that does indeed list them all.

Keep any and all feedback coming. We'll monitor all of it and make adjustments as needed. It's also great to hear the positive impressions, as that validates the direction we're heading, so keep that coming too!
    So if you only want to show 16 rulesets on the home page why have 2 rulesets for D&D and Pathfinder. Couldn't you show the different versions like you do in the top right for those systems by combining them? That would also allow combining the 2 Savage Worlds and Traveller editions.

I am also curious how the 16 were chosen. Some of them are very obvious but a couple aren't to me so more insight into it would be helpful.

I will say the Browse All Games button should default to the Ruleset filter and not just take you to the store in general if you are listing it under the rulesets. Maybe it requires another button for rulesets in particular like you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    So if you only want to show 16 rulesets on the home page why have 2 rulesets for D&D and Pathfinder. Couldn't you show the different versions like you do in the top right for those systems by combining them? That would also allow combining the 2 Savage Worlds and Traveller editions.

I am also curious how the 16 were chosen. Some of them are very obvious but a couple aren't to me so more insight into it would be helpful.

I will say the Browse All Games button should default to the Ruleset filter and not just take you to the store in general if you are listing it under the rulesets. Maybe it requires another button for rulesets in particular like you mentioned.
    Bad Eye said that eventually it will.open to all rulesets.but its a WIP.

Thread Information