Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Private DM Notes on Items

This extension allows the DM to annotate private notes on items that the players will never see, even if the item has been shared and identified.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1801/view

Incentiveware
    If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/lapantalladelmaster.

Guarantees
    There is no guarantee that this extension will do everything you want or expect it to, that the extension will be error free, that I will continue to support the extension, etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on it.

Things to Note
    This is a FGU only extension. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.

This extension has been created by Eldarc using Ruleset Wizard by Psicodelix (https://www.rulesetwizard.com/)

CHANGE LIST
    Version 1.0
    • Compatibility: CoreRPG and 5E
    • Notes: Contains some bugs

Version 1.1
    • Bug fixes: All known issues resolved
    • Compatibility: Now supports the following rulesets:

1. CoreRPG
    2. 5E
    3. 4E
    4. 3.5E
    5. PFRPG
    6. SavageWorlds
    7. SFRPG
    8. Against the Dark Master
    9. Shadowdark
    10. Castles & Crusades

Please use this thread to report bugs, request additional rulesets, and suggest new features. However, please note that the extension already performs the simple function it was intended for from the start.

Thank you,

Eldarc

Thank you for making this extension. It is really nice to keep notes confined and still be only seen by me on an item that is totally "not cursed"

This is great!!! Should have been a feature from the start. You should also add this to the features request so you don't have to keep fixing it every time an update breaks it.

Thank you! I agree with you, this should come standard with all rulesets. However, there are two rulesets that already include this feature, Pathfinder 2 and AD&D. Hopefully, they will add it to all rulesets someday so I can retire this extension

Very nice! This is a great extension (and agree it should be standard).

Eldarc, since you mentioned the PF2 and AD&D ruleset feature, does this extension add information in a way that is compatible with those rulesets? I’m just thinking about the data, and whether it could migrate or would get lost should other rulesets build DM notes in.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity on macOS Monterey (v12) with an Intel Mac

I have no idea how those rulesets have named that node in their DB. Sorry, I can't help you with that.

PFRPG2 uses a formatted text field called "gmnotes". It's the same FG control type, but is "dmonly" in the D&D 2E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information